- Job date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 06:26:21 GMT
- Expected salary: $27000 – 35000 per year
- Job title: Full Time Administrative Assistant Office Manager
- Company: Soccer Shots Pittsburgh
- Location: Carnegie, PA
Reports to: Anthony Calvano – Owner and Visionary of Soccer Shots Pittsburgh and Carla Stewart – Executive Director and Integrator of Soccer Shots Pittsburgh
Compensation ranges from $27k to $35k based on experience and qualifications.
The job description above is a full-time position requiring 40 hours of work per week. We expect that working hours will be 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday. Work will be completed in our office located at 600 North Bell Avenue Carnegie, PA 15106.
**IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE: This is a slightly atypical working scenario in that you will have only occasional in-person contact with the rest of the Soccer Shots team. While other members of our team visit the office occasionally (not regularly, however), we need a reliable person who can work alone and who is a self-motivated, self-regulated, driven, and goal-oriented individual. Much of our communication takes place via email, text messaging, phone calls, and online video conferencing. Given this, the candidate MUST be motivated, organized, communicative, and not afraid to get their feet wet right away. This position is NOT suitable for those who require a significant amount of oversight or a socially-driven work environment with lots of interpersonal interaction.
Physical/Work Environment Requirements:
Needs to be able to work in office (with your own computer / laptop). Work requires ability to sit, stand and walk throughout an extended work day; position requires use of fingers, hands and arms on a consistent basis for keyboarding and phone work; position may need to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion; excellent vision skills (with or without correction) are required. The standard office environment has moderate noise levels associated with computer equipment, customers and phone conversations. Position may occasionally have the need to be exposed to an inside/outside sports environment.
Local driving will occasionally be required – a valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle is a necessity, as Soccer Shots does not have company cars.
Qualifications: Candidates must meet the following criteria:
1.) Confident – able to present the Soccer Shots program clearly and professionally to prospective clients, confident in promoting the Soccer Shots program
2.) Highly motivated – self starter who is able to accomplish tasks and troubleshoot without much oversight
3.) Communicates clearly and professionally (both orally – in person and on the phone – and written)
4.) Prompt and timely – in all aspects of the business, including communication with both customers and Soccer Shots staff
5.) Professional – neat in appearance, friendly and courteous with clients and Soccer Shots team members
6.) Energetic – Must enjoy working with kids, is able to demonstrate a high level of competence running the Soccer Shots program to children ages 2 to 8, and shows enthusiasm naturally. This position will require weekly coaching (which will comprise a very small portion of weekly duties).
7.) Very well organized – will assist in the tracking and management of Soccer Shots equipment and apparel inventory, our schedule documents and scheduling software, and our client database / tracking systems
8.) Tech-savvy – must be very comfortable in a computer-based work environment – many tasks will need to be completed on the computer via Outlook, Google platforms (Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Maps, etc.), web-based communication / emailing platforms, and the Soccer Shots web-based administrative software. Must be comfortable with Microsoft Office software for creating marketing documents and placing print orders.
9.) Must have reliable PERSONAL transportation and a valid driver’s license – reliance on public transportation, ride sharing, or alternative forms of transportation (bicycle, motorcycle) has been shown to be highly unsustainable given the requirements / duties of this job. Seasonal visits to client sites throughout the Greater Pittsburgh Area will be required to support the Operations Director.
10.) PA State-required Background Checks – candidate must be able to pass multiple PA-required clearances / background checks upon acceptance of an offer of employment (clearances are not required up-front).
11.) Comfortable making sales-type phone calls – Sales is a component of this position and will require cold calling, sales meetings (in-person and over the phone), marketing and advertising duties, and the overall promotion of the Soccer Shots Pittsburgh program. Please do not apply for this position if you do not have applicable experience or if you are not comfortable with regular sales duties.
12.) (Preferred, but not required): Soccer enthusiast – has both playing and coaching experience (high level not required), appreciates and understands soccer and is passionate about promoting the game
The Administrative Assistant / Office Manager’s upbeat and friendly demeanor, organizational skills, and customer service is the glue that keeps our team at the top of our game!
Intrigued by this opportunity? Read on to learn more about the Administrative Assistant / Office Assistant job responsibilities and position requirements.
- Customer Service
- Take calls – greet callers and resolve information requests, concerns, etc.
- Respond to incoming email inquiries and requests from families, parents, and interested parties
- Provide assistance and support regarding our the online enrollment process when / if needed (parents do self-register, but occasional support is needed)
- Document and process refunds and credits, issue coupon codes
- Oversee management of Soccer Shots birthday parties and Soccer Shots Neighborhood Camps
- Send requests for feedback, NPS surveys, etc. and coordinate / send responses to parents and clients
- Office Management
- Organize and tidy office and storage spaces
- Inventory soccer equipment, prizes, employee apparel, various business supplies, office supplies, etc.
- Inspect & inventory incoming and outgoing coach equipment bags; prepare equipment bags for new hires
- Create / improve office procedures
- Assist with and oversee some aspects of training and orientation for employees, including interns
- Welcome and provide support to visitors (as needed)
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail
- Administrative Support
- Document creation
- Create & maintain staff invoice documents (in Google Sheets); provide payroll assistance to Owner (Anthony Calvano)
- Manage staff birthday calendar and send staff birthday greetings and gifts
- Assist in marketing / sales efforts
- Take meeting notes and minutes
- Human Resources Support
- Assist with new hire on-boarding
- Assist with recruiting efforts
- Manage employee clearance / certification database and track expiration dates / compliance
- Operations Support
- As needed, assist the Operations Team with locating rental facilities and field spaces for our program.
- Manage / send invoices
- Process incoming payments
- Track outgoing payments
- Monitor class wait lists and contact those on wait list to offer alternative programming options
- Assist Operations Director with assessing enrollment numbers & class sizes and contact families / parents as needed
- Sales / Marketing Support
- Create and send seasonal marketing flyers
- Place print orders for marketing materials
- Mail promotional material
- Send marketing emails
- Participate in our seasonal marketing campaign by putting up yard signs and visiting locations to drop off marketing materials
- Make sales calls when needed (via phone and in-person)
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates should also be willing to perform other duties as requested in order to to help drive to our Vision, fulfill our Mission, and abide by our Organization’s Values, including occasionally coaching, participating in Soccer Shots community outreach events, and taking on duties / projects not listed in this job description.
Do You Espouse Our Core Values?
We Care. Start with empathy. Others-oriented, Tone matters as much as words. “What can I do or say to show I value others?”
We Pursue Excellence. Small things, done well, add up over time. Execute on time. Effort AND quality matter. “Is this my best work?”
We are stronger together. Collaborate for the greater good. Roles may differ, area ll integral. The team achieves. “How am I contributing to the success of the team?”
We are Candid: Clarifying & constructive. Open-handed. Free from malice. “Have I thoughtfully shared my perspective? Have I invited the perspective of others?”
We Own It. Solutions-minded. Engage fully. Confidently competent. “So I seize the initiative and seek positive outcomes?”
We Grow. We haven’t arrived. Comfort zones inhibit progress. Continually learning, intentionally evolving. “How can I be better tomorrow than I am today?
Our Brand: Soccer Shots is the leader in youth soccer development for children ages 2-8. We’re an engaging children’s soccer program with a focus on character development. Our caring team positively impacts children’s lives on and off the field through best-in-class coaching, curriculum and communication. Soccer Shots exists to positively impact the lives of children. Our vision is to provide a beloved growth experience for every child, a remarkable experience for every family. Our team believes children are invaluable and our goal is simple: leave a lasting, positive impact on every child we serve.
Soccer Shots Franchising: Since 2005, SSF has been franchising nationally. There are currently 200 franchise territories across the country, serving over 440,000 children each year. This position is not with Soccer Shots Franchising, but with Soccer Shots Pittsburgh, a locally owned and operated franchise within the Soccer Shots system.
For more information on Soccer Shots, please visit our website at .