- Job date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 08:35:09 GMT
- Expected salary: $11 per hour
- Job title: Health Care Attendant
- Company: Collinsville Community Unit School District
- Location: Collinsville, IL
Rate of Pay: $11.00 per hour
Qualifications: * Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate a patient and receptive attitude toward children with special needs.
- Ability to establish a warm and supportive relationship with children on a group or individual basis.
- Must demonstrate a professional attitude.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding students.
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must be able to maintain composure under stressful conditions (i.e., medical emergency).
- Must be able to follow oral instructions and written instructions.
- Must be able to carry out school nurse’s instructions independently.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical abilities are as follows: * Ability to lift and/or move heavy objects. This may include lifting or transferring students who are physically disabled and/or adaptive equipment and supplies.
- Ability to set up adaptive equipment and/or supplies.
- Possession of unrestricted mobility, which includes ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Possession of good visual ability.
- Ability to hear in noisy environment.
The Health Care Attendant position performs the following duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out written and/or verbal instructions provided by the school nurse, the student’s teacher, or the parent.
- Assist with non-instructional activities, including providing daily and emergency personal care needs.
- Perform routine care, monitoring and health care activities.
- Assist students in accessing the playground; monitor while on playground for safety.
- Perform wheelchair positioning and movement; monitor use of wheelchair lift.
- Eats lunch with student(s) as required; assist student(s) with feeding and remove spilled food or other disorder if necessary.
- Assist in keeping classrooms neat and orderly and in supervising leisure time activities.
- Assist in monitoring students in halls, on school grounds, in cafeteria, etc., as assigned or required.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of busses.
- Personal and facilities cleaning as required; assisting with toileting needs and/or changing diapers and clothing when soiled.
- Perform certain medical procedures or give medication under supervision and with appropriate instructions.
- Catheterization of students.
- Accompany students on field trips to attend to medical, physical, and safety needs
- Monitor students for seizure activity or other medical concerns and respond accordingly
- Assist students with mobility limitations to move about the school grounds as/if needed.
- Carry out other assigned duties and responsibilities appropriate to the position.
Applicants should apply, online, on or before 4:00 P.M., February 28th, 2021 or until filled, to:
Collinsville Community Unit 10 201 West Clay Street
Collinsville, IL 62234
Phone: 346-6350, extension 4236
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.