- Job date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 06:16:42 GMT
- Expected salary: $13.25 per hour
- Job title: Housekeeping Attendant I/II – Extra-Help Housekeeping Attendant I
- Company: Merced County
- Location: Merced County, CA
This recruitment is being established to obtain a current eligible list for both full time and Extra-Help vacancies. Extra-Help are not entitled to county benefits and are limited to a maximum of 25 hours per week. Extra-Help pay is $13.25 per hour.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Dust mops, wet mops, vacuums, shampoos, extracts, refinishes and polishes floors using vacuum cleaners and powered floor scrubbers, extractors and buffers.
- Cleans, disinfects and deodorizes lavatories, urinals, and toilet bowls.
- Cleans mirrors, sink and water fountains, replaces deodorizers, toilet tissues, hand towels and soap.
- Keeps an adequate stock of cleaning materials and equipment.
- Gathers and properly disposes of common trash and infectious waste.
- Removes and replaces drapes and curtains for cleaning.
- Washes door frames, lighting vents, ceiling fixtures and partitions using ladders.
- Cleans surgical suites/labor and deliver and other designated areas as required by area standards.
- Cleans equipment after use and returns to proper storage locations.
- Assists in furniture moving and office relocation.
One (1) year of experience performing duties comparable to a Housekeeping Attendant I in Merced County.
Equivalent to completion of the eighth grade.
- Operate housekeeping equipment and clean areas in accordance with health standards.
- Communicate effectively with others in person and over the telephone.
- Analyze data, interpret directions, procedures and regulations, and develop appropriate responses.
- Respond appropriately to situations and perform job duties under stressful conditions.
- Maintain confidential information in accordance with legal standards and/or County regulations.
- Frequent use of depth perception, peripheral vision and color perception.
- Frequently lift, carry, reach, push, pull, twist and manipulate large and small objects.
- Frequent use of hand-eye coordination.
- Normal dexterity, frequent holding and grasping.
- Frequently lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Kneel, bend, twist, squat, balance and crawl.
- Sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Regular attendance is an essential function.
- Lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Proper body mechanics to perform the assigned tasks.
- Safe work practices.
- Use of a variety of cleaning equipment such as scrubbing and waxing machines, wet mops, scouring devices and wax applicator.
- Use of a variety of cleaning solutions.
- Variety of cleaning methods and techniques.
- Basic sanitation and infection control techniques and proper cleaning methods in a hospital environment.
- Aseptic techniques to clean specialized area.
- Read and write English sufficiently to perform assigned duties.
- Read signs and follow simple oral and written instructions.
- Work safely.
- Frequently lift and carry waste baskets and pushcart loaded with dirty laundry or waste paper.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Operate a variety of powered cleaning equipment such as high speed buffer, vacuum, shampooer.
- Follow the schedule which varies with assignment.
- Work on own initiative without close supervision.
- Clean and care for an assigned area.