- Job date: Wed, 02 Sep 2020 07:29:11 GMT
- Expected salary: $146640 – 160251 per year
- Job title: Information & Communications Technology Director
- Company: TULARE COUNTY HR & DEVELOPMENT
- Location: Visalia, CA
The Tulare County Information & Communications Technology (TCiCT) Department provides a full range of technology services to all County departments. Currently, the seven main County business units are Administration, Customer Service, Business Services, Project Management, Information Security, Operations, and Radio. TCiCT collaborates with the other 20 County departments to create cross-functional teams that demonstrate responsiveness, results, and accountability in project planning, implementation, and evaluation while providing solution and alternatives related to County investments in large multi-year projects.
The Information & Communications Technology Director plans, organizes, directs the activities of the County’s centralized information technology services; formulates and implements ngoing County-wide information systems and technological strategic plans; confers with and advises County management and the Board of Supervisors on policy development, management issues, resource utilization, and technical issues in the areas of data processing and information technology. A focus of this position will be to structure and direct resources and staff towards the achievement of clear and cohesive goals and departmental vision, including the development of strategic internal and performance measurement initiatives, and enforce a personnel management program that ensures accountability,
high performance, and excellent customer service. Typical duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and recommend goals, policies, plans, operating standards, and program changes necessary to carry out the County’s information systems administrative objectives and direction.
- Direct or perform feasibility studies related to centralized or decentralized information technology services.
- Develop, implement, and articulate a strategic plan for the department.
- Evaluate systems and services for efficiency and effectiveness. Initiate and implement continuous improvement principles and best practices in the cost effective allocation of resources.
- Communicate and collaborate with all departments of the County in order to assist, develop, and provide strategic, creative solutions to issues or challenges.
- Evaluate and monitor contractor performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and measurable performance standards to determine the need for changes.
- Pursue potential information technology partnerships with the private sector and other governmental agencies that benefit the County through cost sharing and risk mitigation.
- Direct the preparation and administration of the annual information systems budget; direct the development of appropriate budgetary controls and billing systems.
- Provide effective staff leadership, direction, and development.
The ideal candidate will be an innovative, strategic leader and administrator with demonstrated and verifiable experience in understanding the complexities of large, government technology/infrastructure needs, developing and managing a multi-million dollar budget, and effectively managing a IT organization of over 150 employees. In addition, this candidate must be a results-oriented manager and problem solver, able to effectively implement data analysis and data sharing techniques and provide technology recommendations to standardize County-wide protocols; have the ability to emphasize and provide excellent customer service throughout the organization. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required to build effective relationships with County leadership, partnering agencies, and other key stakeholders. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to encouraging staff and leadership development, building interdepartmental relations, and creating a culture where employees will thrive in an environment of process improvement and honest,
Key attributes and characteristics:
- A visionary leader with the ability to implement and communicate the values of the department and direction for the future, collaborating with stakeholders in the discussion and active pursuit of TCiCT’s goals.
- A decisive manager who makes and executes a clear idea and decision and communicates clearly and regularly with customers and stakeholders.
- Possesses innovative and forward-thinking leadership, addressing issues and solving problems resourcefully before they become a crisis; focus on engineering business practices and a management system that anticipates issues to avoid future problems.
- The ability to translate limited resources into organizational value, with an understanding of continuous improvement principles and experience in cost-effective allocation of resources.
- Demonstrates effective political judgement.
- Actively listens to the ideas and opinions of others and routinely collects their input as part of the decision-making process.
- Demonstrates value and respect for all employees.
- A background in change management effecting positive direction and influencing a culture of growth, high performance and cutting edge creativity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Public or Business Administration, or related field.
- Four (4) years of administrative management experience in Information Technology.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP), Information Systems Security Professional (ISSP), or other Information Technology certification is desirable, but not required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $146,640 – $160,251 plus, Flexible Benefit Allowance (*see below).
In addition, the County provides the following generous benefits package:
- Choice of medical plans with dental and vision benefits
- Two weeks’ vacation leave initially, with credit for prior public service
- One week of management leave
- Twelve days sick leave annually
- Eleven paid holidays annually
- One personal holiday annually
- 1937 Act Retirement Plan, with PERS reciprocity
- Life insurance-200% of earnings up to $250,000
- Car Allowance
- Long term disability insurance
- Deferred compensation plan with County match of $1.00 for every $4.00 employee contributes up to a maximum of $1,750 County dollars per fiscal year.
*May be appointed within this salary range; appointment is At-Will.
>Flexible benefit covers most benefit costs; $1,000 Annual Benefit Allowance if County Insurance is waived