- Job date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 00:15:25 GMT
- Expected salary: $27.12 per hour
- Job title: Information Technology Infrastructure Support Analyst/Senior
- Company: Nebraska State Government
- Location: Lincoln, NE
The Office of the CIO provides a wide range of technology services to state agencies, boards, and commissions as well as political subdivisions. The organization develops, implements, and supports the underlying, virtually transparent technology implied in the vision of Nebraska’s government leaders. We truly are technology leaders for the State of Nebraska.
We offer an excellent total compensation package including: 12 paid holidays; vacation and sick leave; State-matched retirement plan; health, dental, vision, and life insurance options! Treating others with dignity & respect – ethically sound – customer always the priority. Sound like you? This might be your perfect fit!
Location: 501 S 14th Street Lincoln NE Schedule: Monday through Friday 8am-5pm. Looking for work/life flexibility? We’ve got you covered! A flexible schedule may be available.
Examples of Work
- Provide advanced technical support for the service desk (IT ticket) application in the State of Nebraska.
- Troubleshoot issues and make enhancements to the system.
- Help the State’s infrastructure team with automating processes so different systems work together.
- Act as technical liaison to provide services and interface with clients and vendors
- Develop and maintain procedures and processes and create documentation with how the developed processes work
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Associate degree in computer science and three years of related technical and business experience. Two years of related technical and business experience may substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis OR Post high school coursework in computer science and four years of related technical and business experience.
PREFERRED: Bachelor degree in IT related field. Three years of experience in Microsoft Windows Server administration and management, application installation, and troubleshooting.
OTHER: Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to perform administration, monitoring, and maintenance of the state’s service desk application servers. Create scripts and automation to integrate systems. Scripting experience for this are a necessity. Monitor ticketing software to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner. Ability to work with limited supervision and provide leadership to clients and other information technology employees. Strong organization, planning, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Enjoy the benefits of working for the State of Nebraska. Nebraska offers a comprehensive package of pay, benefits, paid time off, and workplace opportunities to help you get the most out of your career and life.
Check out all that the State of Nebraska has to offer!
This link will take you to the benefits currently offered to permanent employees.