- Job date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 08:28:06 GMT
- Expected salary: $99009.9 – 148514.84 per year
- Job title: Information Technology Senior Programmer Analyst
- Company: GreenState Credit Union
- Location: North Liberty, IA
Information Technology Senior Programmer Analyst
Job ID: 2021-2687
Type: Exempt Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Information Technology
GreenState Credit Union
The Senior Programmer Analyst contributes to the credit union by creating new, and maintaining existing, production applications. The position works closely with Business Application Services in regard to development, analysis and troubleshooting. The Senior Programmer Analyst creates and provides efficient and resourceful technology solutions. The solutions may be achieved by integrating 3rd party applications or creating new programs in house, or perhaps a blend of both. The result of the technology solutions will enable the credit union to meet or exceed various business strategies.
Salary range for this position is $99,009.90 – $148,514.85 with a progressive benefit package.
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union’s core values and Service Standards in carrying out GreenState’s mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus on all times.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Works alone and/or as part of a team to provide technical support to project team members.
- Leads the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of distributed systems, integrations, and real-time data processing solutions.
- The position will dedicate time to up-front design and architecture, attempting to reuse existing programming code when possible.
- Leads peer code reviews and inspections for the purpose of program optimization, especially on mainframe program development.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of secure coding concepts; Has knowledge of commonly used programming concepts, practices, and procedures with demonstrated practical application of this knowledge.
- Complies with all policies and procedures outlined in the Information Technology Operations Guide
- Maintains existing application infrastructure to include troubleshooting problems, enhancement possibilities, and ensures high availability of Systems Integration’s responsible delivery channels.
- Continuously looks at new ways of introducing process improvement in all aspects of the development life cycle; Performance, improved productivity, efficiencies, and optimization are key measurements.
- Communication at all levels is a key factor to the success of the position. Technical documentation, emails, meetings, and client updates are extremely important forms of communication.
- Consistent performance relating to accuracy, output, and production are expected from this position.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals while performing a variety of tasks.
- Maintains a high-level degree of knowledge regarding application development gained through formal experience.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored events, on an annual basis.
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field with emphasis on application development, or Completion of a specialized course of study in a related field at a business or trade school, or Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprentice program in a related field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building highly scalable and secure web applications.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of API architecture styles.
- Experience working with AWS services.
- Experience working with data lakes or data warehouses a plus.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data modeling
- Financial industry experience strongly preferred.
- A moderate degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability to take ownership of complex issues and drive solutions that benefit the broader organization.
- Proficient at unit testing, debugging, monitoring, and logging tools for effective troubleshooting of complex issues.
- Demonstrated experience with development tools, code versioning, and program management.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with mentoring other team members
Reports to the Vice President of Information Technology.
This position is not responsible for the supervision of other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
GreenState Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.