- Job date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 05:22:10 GMT
- Expected salary: $62108.8 – 96075.2 per year
- Job title: Information Technology Specialist 4
- Company: State Training School
- Location: Eldora, IA
Salary : $62,108.80 – $96,075.20 Annually
Location : Eldora – 50627 – Hardin County, IA
Job Type: Full-time
Agency: 405 Dept of Human Services – State Training School (Eldora)
Job Number: 21-00625
Closing: 10/6/2020 11:59 PM Central
LinkedIn Tag: #LI-POST
Point of Contact: Jon Kies – [email protected]
The Boys’ State Training School (STS) at Eldora is seeking an IT Specialist who is capable of working independently. The position is responsible for the IT needs of our entire campus located here in Eldora, Ia.
You will be responsible to Administer Network Servers, for Application Management, for Desktop Management, and other IT duties and responsibilities including administration of our phone system.
You will work independently with your IT supervisor headquartered in Des Moines.
A truly exceptional benefit package fit for a deserving seasoned professional.
As an employee of the STS you are a State of Iowa employee and eligible for a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following and more.
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Life, Voluntary Life, and Long Term Disability
- The cost for Medical and Dental is only $45 per month for single coverage
- Medical and Dental coverage for a family is $201 per month.
- IPERS (Iowa Public Employee Retirement System)-Fixed Income Pension
- Deferred Compensation with a State-Funded match similar to a 401K
- Paid Leave – 9 Holidays, Sick Leave, Family Sick Leave, Vacation, & Military Leave
- Strong Opportunity for Advancement, Growth, and Development.
To learn more about benefits available to State of Iowa employees visit the web page.
You may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program which may pay back student loans.
BSTS is located in Eldora, Iowa, a city of approximately 2,800, located in North Central Iowa. Eldora is the home of the Pine Lake State Park which offers an array of indoor/outdoor recreational activities. Eldora is an Iowa River Greenbelt Community and the Iowa River Greenbelt Scenic Drive winds through a picturesque landscape of valleys, woods, and streams.
Eldora is 45 minutes from Ames and Cedar Falls, 30 minutes from Marshalltown, and only 20 minutes from Iowa Falls. Sportsmen enjoy the great hunting and fishing, and there are many educational opportunities, cultural activities, and entertainment events nearby.
- Ames, Iowa is the home of the Iowa State University, one of the nation’s largest Universities featuring a premier Engineering school and one of the leading Veterinary and Agricultural schools spurring many new businesses and solid growth.
- Ames was voted the number one college town in the America by the Wall Street Journal.
- Cedar Falls is the home of the University of Northern Iowa,
- Iowa Falls is the home of Ellsworth Community College.
- Wells Fargo Arena is an hour and 15 minutes from the State Training School. NCAA Basketball tournaments, top drawer concerts, and other activities are hosted there. The nation’s finest State Fair and the Iowa Cubs are also only an hour and 15 minutes away.
The State of Iowa is an EEO/AA Employer
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university and experience equal to two years of full-time work: operating a multi-job computer; installing, operating and coordinating computer based networks; installing/maintaining database management systems; developing business application processes; developing/operating system programs; installing/maintaining personal computers, Local Area Networks and/or servers; managing operating systems; developing/ delivering information management training; providing Information Technology (IT) customer service; or designing/administering Internet sites;
an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting the completion of an approved curriculum/specialized training program developed and implemented by or in cooperation with state government; or eighteen semester hours of accredited post high school course work in one of the specialty areas listed above; or certification by an authorized educational institution/major computer or software producer in an area directly related to one of the specialty areas listed above, for the required education;
an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting one year of the required experience for thirty semester hours of the required education;
employees with current continuous experience in the state executive branch that includes experience equal to six months of full-time work as an Information Technology Specialist 3.
For additional information, please click on this .
To apply, please visit our website at: