- Job date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 01:54:22 GMT
- Expected salary: $4613 – 6150 per month
- Job title: Information Technology Specialist
- Company: North Dakota Information Technology
- Location: Bismarck, ND
Closing Date: 09/02/2020
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Hiring Range: $4,613-$6,150 monthly
Do you have a strong passion to change the world? If so, this may be your opportunity. The State of North Dakota’s purpose is to Empower People, Improve Lives, and Inspire Success. North Dakota’s Information Technology organization asks itself “How might we deliver world class technology and service?” North Dakota Information Technology (NDIT) is seeking a candidate that as the same passion to Empower People, Improve Lives, Inspire Success, and deliver world class technology as an Information Technology Specialist for NDIT. The successful candidate will be one who enjoys working with people in a collaborative environment, who can learn quickly in a rapidly changing technology landscape, and who embodies the core values that we follow as public servants for the State of ND: Gratitude, Humility, Curiosity, and Courage.
Summary of Work
EduTech provides North Dakota K-12 educators and students with opportunities that extend learning in the classroom and beyond focusing on the use of technology to improve student achievement. The successful candidate will provide training and support for schools within North Dakota.
Work also involves activities associated with providing customized professional development to K-12 educators and administrators. The incumbent in this position will report to the Manager of Professional Learning and Outreach.
Must be able to work well with people and possess strong interpersonal communication skills to effectively communicate concepts to non-technical and technical users. Individual must be a team player that is also able to work independently, meet deadlines and troubleshoot. Virtual training delivery is a plus.
Individual must be able to perform in a fast-paced, progressive, and challenging environment and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Individual must also be able to work in an intensive work environment and possess excellent organizational skills. This position requires extensive overnight travel to remote locations.
Duties and Tasks
- Learn and teach new technologies.
- Research, evaluate, and implement technology training.
- Develop, write and update training documents.
- Analyze ongoing customer technology training needs.
- Operate and support a variety of technology equipment and software.
- Develop and support online courses including tutorials.
- Cultivate and maintain excellent customer relations through a variety of means.
Bachelor’s degree in Education or a closely related field and four years of work experience developing and presenting a variety of training courses. Preference will be given to applicants with professional level work experience in K-12 and have experience directly related to information technology training and support.
Remote Candidates will be considered.
- Please make sure that your resume includes information to demonstrate how you meet the minimum qualifications as posted. Your work history will not be given credit if North Dakota Information Technology cannot determine that you meet the minimum qualifications.
- All application material must be received on or before the closing date by 11:59 pm and must include the following documents: •Resume
- Cover Letter
- North Dakota Information Technology does not offer or provide sponsorships. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
For more information or if you need an accommodation, please contact: Kari Sauer, North Dakota Information Technology: Email: [email protected] phone: (701) 845-7435, fax: (701) 328-3000 or TTY: 1-800-366-6888 or local at (701) 328-3190
Job Announcement Status can be viewed at:
- Learn more about ITD at:
- Learn more about Employment Benefits at:
- Visit North Dakota State government:
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The state of North Dakota does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.