- Job date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 23:26:38 GMT
- Expected salary: $108885 – 172500 per year
- Job title: Information Technology Specialist (Systems Analysis)
- Location: USA
WHAT IS THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) DIVISION?
The mission of IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
See Other Information for Locations.
WHAT DOES AN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (SYSTEMS ANALYSIS) DO? An Information Technology (IT) Specialist (Systems Analysis) is involved in local projects, or substantial national level projects, that involve assessing new systems design methodologies to improve software quality, or reviewing the impact of new systems design policies on the systems design process. In this position, you will deal with long-range plans, new cutting edge technologies or issues, and may develop new policies or make significant changes to existing policies. Your knowledge and expertise will be called upon daily to resolve exceptionally complex and broad IRS problems or projects and critical issues.
As an Information Technology Specialist, Systems Analysis you will:
- Translate IRS business rules and processes into requirements; Evaluate the feasibility of proposed new systems development projects.
- Consult with customers to refine functional requirements.
- Translate functional requirements into design specifications; Determine best approaches for implementation within the technical environment.
- Work with applications developers to isolate and solve design problems encountered during testing and implementation stages.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at
Occasional travel – Travel may be required 1 to 5 nights per month.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Refer to Other Information
- Click “Print Preview” to review the entire announcement before applying.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- IRS Employees with Career or Career Conditional Appointments.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS-14 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes demonstrated accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a wide range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques pertinent to the position to be filled. This knowledge is generally demonstrated through assignments that required the ability to analyze a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management concerning major aspects of IT system design. This would include defining what system interrelationships must be considered, or what operating mode, system software, and/or equipment configuration is most appropriate for a given project.
Examples should include leading major agency-wide process improvement projects/initiatives; planning and coordinating an agency-wide implementation of process improvement methods and concepts to improve the quality of software products; serving as the principle advocate within the agency/organization for the application of process improvement concepts and practices; and consulting with senior specialists and IT managers throughout the agency in the implementation of process improvement practices.
– The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or . One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
– To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
You must have been at the GS-13 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Two (2) vacancies total are to be filled in the Information Technology (IT) division, within User & Network Services (UNS), Enterprise Field Operations, Service Delivery Center. Selectees will remain in their current Post of Duty (POD).
POSITION DESCRIPTION: 94444 (GS-2210-14);
A PM/C SharePoint site is available for IRS Employees at:
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- Tour of Duty: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Must meet the IRS telework eligibility requirements.
May be required to file a confidential financial disclosure report within 30 days of selection and annually from then on.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated on the CJEs of the position to be filled per the National Agreement Article 13. Your application will also be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. IRS employees may obtain most recent awards listing at
Your rating may be lowered, if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Treasury employee eligible for the , you must receive a score of 80 or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please .