- Job date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 08:47:46 GMT
- Expected salary: $29.54 – 44.31 per hour
- Job title: Invasive Cardiac Technologist-Cardiac Cath Lab-FT
- Company: UCHealth
- Location: Colorado Springs, CO
UCHEALTH MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, LOCATED IN COLORADO SPRINGS, CO IS THE FIRST IN COLORADO – AND ONLY THE 14TH NATIONWIDE – TO ACHIEVE THE AMERICAN COLLEGE OF CARDIOLOGY’S ELITE HEARTCARE CENTER DESIGNATION!
MEMORIAL’S ACHIEVEMENTS TO RECEIVE THE HEARTCARE DESIGNATION INCLUDE:
- Accreditation by the ACC for its Atrial Fibrillation program.
- Accreditation as a Chest Pain Center at the highest level possible. Memorial is able to offer the most advanced care and treatments available for cardiac arrest, including coronary artery chronic total occlusion repair; balloon catheter and stent placement; and x-ray exams of the coronary arteries and heart chambers.
- Participation in the National Cardiac Data Registry, which measures the hospital’s heart care outcomes against other hospitals nationally.
- At least two specialists designated as “CV champions” – those who are recognized as leaders in cardiovascular care. Among those recognized at Memorial are Dr. Peter Walinsky, cardiac surgery; Dr. Mark Boulware, Chest Pain Center/cath lab; Dr. Brad Mikaelian, arrhythmia; and RN Dawn Lovejoy, manager of the cath lab.
Assists in imaging and interventional procedures to diagnose and treat cardiovascular and neurovascular conditions in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
UCHealth is seeking candidates with invasive/interventional experience. One to two years of recent Cath Lab or IR Lab Interventional experience strongly preferred.
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time Days.
This position will take call. This position is located at Memorial Hospital North, but there is the possibility of floating to Memorial Central. Due to call requirements, candidates need to live within 30 minutes for both Memorial Central, and Memorial North in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Prepares patients for procedures by reviewing medical history, draping and positioning the patient, preparing procedural/testing sites and administering contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice.
- Assists physician with performing diagnostic and therapeutic interventional procedures. Assists with imaging procedures including fluoroscopy. Analyzes results and takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues.
- Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
- Prepares equipment and supplies. Assists with appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Basic Life Support
- Registered Radiologic Technologist: (VI)/Registered Technologist in Vascular Interventional Radiography or (CI) Registered Technologist in Cardiac Interventional Radiography
- Reg Cardiovascular Invasive Spec.
- Reg Cardiac Electrophysiology Spec.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION: Associate’s degree in health related field.
- RCES, RCIS or ARRT(RT) with VI or CI certification upon hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider
- ACLS within 6 months of hire but strongly preferred upon hire
BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
THE PAY RANGE FOR THIS POSITION IS: $29.54 – $44.31 / HOUR
AN ANNUAL BONUS MAY BE PAID TO ELIGIBLE EMPLOYEES BASED UPON ORGANIZATIONAL AND INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.
AT UCHEALTH, WE DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
BE EXTRAORDINARY. JOIN US TODAY!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Chat live with a recruiter any Thursday from 12-2pm MT.
Register today! Registering on the platform will ensure you receive all information needed leading up to the event.