- Job date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 06:41:06 GMT
- Expected salary: $40314 per year
- Job title: K-8 Counselor
- Company: Harrison School District Two
- Location: Colorado
Click on the following link to view the full salary range on the License Salary Schedule:
Create an engaging classroom environment favorable to student learning and personal growth. Motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed for college and career readiness. Communicate clearly in verbal and written formats with students, parents, and teammates. Develop lesson plans and instructional materials to meet the needs of students.Translate lesson plans into learning experiences to best utilize the available time for instruction. Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work day. Administer standardized tests in accordance with district testing protocol.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The School Counselor helps students overcome problems that impede learning and assists each student in making educational, occupational, and life plans that hold promise for his/her personal fulfillment as mature and responsible men and women.
- The Counselor is responsible for providing an appropriate guidance program that will produce student knowledge, skills, and attitudes in the educational, career, and personal domains.
- The Counselor orients students to their school environment and to the systems and people with whom they have contact.
- Assesses student knowledge, skills, and attitudes to determine the areas in which the student needs assistance.
- Provide appropriate group and/or individual counseling as necessary for students to achieve program goals and demonstrate competencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Possess or be eligible for Colorado Special Services License with School Counselor Endorsement.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling.
- Completion of a School Counseling program.
- Prior School Counseling experience preferred.
- Experience as a classroom teacher preferred.
- Transcripts required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Criminal background check and District fingerprinting required.
Note: Each college transcript shall be authentic, original or photocopy, bearing the embossed seal of the institution, the signature of the registrar, and including descriptive titles, course numbers, credits, and grades for each course listed and degrees earned, if any. For the purpose of these Rules, credits shall be in semester hours or may be interpreted as meaning the equivalent in quarter, trimester, unit or term.
Apply online at to complete an INTERNAL application.
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.