- Job date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 07:31:37 GMT
- Expected salary: $80000 per year
- Job title: Lead Molecular Technologist & Technical Supervisor
- Company: GENE TOX WORLDWIDE LLC
- Location: Lyndhurst, NJ
The Lead Molecular Technologist and Supervisor will oversee the technical developments in the laboratory regarding molecular testing. The position designs, problem solves and executes high complexity molecular assays to diagnose human diseases.
- Provide technical interpretation of molecular results
- Maintain quality control and high standards throughout the life cycle of each project
- Provide consultations with physicians regarding technical aspects of assays
- Perform genomic extractions, real time PCR, sequencing and other molecular technologies for the screening and diagnosis of clinical conditions.
- Deploy FDA approved assays
- Design and synthesize primers for the development of laboratory developed tests.
- Ensure that all aspects of clinical lab activities are performed according to CLIA, CAP, State, and FDA regulations.
- Write and review all technical documents associated with clinical implementation including SOP’s, validation material, reports and related materials.
- Ensure timeliness of clinical assay reporting.
- Always maintain laboratory safety and applicable protocols
- Ability to think strategically and implement strategies
- Ability to prioritize tasks within each project
- Precise in record keeping and report writing
- Supervise Laboratory technicians, work with clients, and direct assignment of duties
- Responsible for retaining staff on development and protocols
- Direct performance management, performance reviews and coaching of laboratory personnel
Hold one or more college degrees in the sciences (medical technology, clinical laboratory science, biology, or chemistry) and have current TS credentials from ASCP or AAB. Minimum five years of training and work experience in a clinical molecular genetics/pathology laboratory reviewing and interpreting test data utilizing Thermo Fisher Quant Studio 12 Flex.