- Job date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 07:56:27 GMT
- Expected salary: $15.5 per hour
- Job title: Lead Residential Counselor
- Company: VinFen
- Location: Enfield, CT
The Lead Residential Counselor, provides direct support to people with with behavioral conditions as well as intellectual and developmental disabilities in a small group residential setting or an individual living arrangement. He or she works together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives by either building independence skills or increasing each person’s quality of life.
The Lead Residential Counselor has a range of duties include administrating medication under the Medication Administration Plan (MED), implementing treatment plans, and assisting people with activities of daily living, such as household chores and cooking. He or she also strengthen residents’ connection to their community by providing transportation on outings such as shopping and doctor’s appointments.
Finally, the Lead Residential Counselor serves as an experienced resource in developing the overall quality of the program and the skills of the staff. He or she models skills for program staff and assists in ensuring that new staff are properly trained, on-boarded and welcomed into the program.
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. Vinfen leadership along with Vinfen’s medical staff are closely monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make decisions that are best for the safety and well-being of the Vinfen community.
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus includes:
- Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
- Virtual New Employee Orientation and Virtual training
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group homes
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
- Restricting visitors in programs to reduce chances of exposure
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open to all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase addtional, voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal Days per year
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that “transforms lives” by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at .
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Keywords: social services, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, Direct Care, psychology, mentor, mental illness, mental health, disability, developmental disabilities, behavioral, rehabilitative, psychiatric, outreach worker, outreach services, human services, nonprofit, autism, crisis, trauma, advocacy, developmental disability, recovery, Part time, Per diem, Direct Care, CTRes, CTResCounselor
- A bachelor’s degree in a Human Services related field is preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience working with people with developmental disabilities and/or acquired brain injury strongly preferred.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers’ license for at least one year.
- All applicants must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MED certified within 150 days of employment.
- All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI and SORI reference, multi-state background and driving record check
Sun, 9 am – 11 pm
Mon, 3 pm – 11 pm
Tues, 2 pm – 11 pm
Wed, 2 pm – 11 pm
Hours per week
$15.50 / hour
License check and vehicle access required