- Job date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 07:59:59 GMT
- Expected salary: $15 per hour
- Job title: Material Team Member LOC Permanent Per Hour
- Company: General Motors
- Location: Lansing, MI
Theres never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision wont happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
This is afull-time,position working as a direct employee of General Motors Subsystems, LLC. General Motors Subsystems provides excellent health benefits and competitive pay.
– Starting pay is $15.00/hour located in Lansing, MI.
– Operate material handling equipment (fork truck ortugger) to load, unload, transfer and move materials within assembly plant to put away product and deliver to assembly line.
– Maintain proper materials stagingat all timesto ensure all items are staged in the order in which they expire (oldest to newest).
– Select correct parts utilizing a computer system..
– Sequence parts utilizing error proofing computer system.
– Participate in ongoing inventory control activities including cycle counting, inventory management and analysis.
– Must be able to work in fast paced constantly changing environment.
– Possess good physical stamina and coordination and could be required to stand and/or walk forlong periodsdaily, sustain frequent bending, twisting, stooping and reaching, and could be required to periodically lift up to 40 lbs.
– Assist in reviewing and/or updating documentation for related processes.
– Maintain quality, safety and productivity standards.
– Participate in required training.
– Contribute to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding priority.Report for work on time.
– Work successfully in a team environment.
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which includecomprehensive assessments, hair drug testing, and a background check.
At least 18 years of age.
Eligible to work in the United States.
Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts with little notice.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.