- Job date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 05:31:57 GMT
- Expected salary: $45000 – 70000 per year
- Job title: Medical Lab Technologist / Medical Lab Scientist
- Location: Coos Bay, OR
Salary Range: $45,000 – $70,000
General Job Duties:
- Performs various laboratory procedures utilizing automated equipment, microscopes, manual
procedures, and use of the computer terminal * Prepares reagents and specimens for processing
- Performs all clinical laboratory tests (may include Microbiology and/or Blood Bank testing)
- Utilizes a computer as part of the LIS/HIS and/or analyzer software
- Evaluates quality control results
- Follows up and documents actions relating to abnormal panic results
- Prepares specimens for send-outs
- Consults with other lab staff and healthcare personnel on test results, specimen requirements
and testing protocols * Minimal patient contact (collect bleeding times).
- Collects, receives, and/or processes urine and other body fluid specimens
- Performs clerical functions as necessary
Equipment utilized in the unit/dept: Analyzers, PC, microscopes, centrifuges, pipettors
OR RN – Location: Coos Bay, OR
We are a 129-bed, acute-care, JC accredited regional hospital located on the beautiful southern Oregon coast. Coos Bay offers an extraordinary quality of life, attracting many future residents and businesses to the area with an abundance of outdoor recreational activities, a world-class golf resort, educational opportunities and state of the art medical facilities. With the ocean just a few miles away, the Bay, and abundant coastal rivers and forests, you can enjoy great fishing and other great water activities.
- Five years’ experience preferred
- Experience with Blood banking, including antibody identification is preferred.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science OR Associates of Science as a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
- Equivalent (i.e., certified in California, AMT with Human Health Service HEW & NCA) preferred