- Job date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 03:10:19 GMT
- Expected salary: $10000 per month
- Job title: Medical Technologist Full Time Nights 11p-7a Wauchula
- Company: NACCHO
- Location: Wauchula, FL
Medical Technologist AdventHealth Wauchula
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Heartland
- Up To $10K Sign On Bonus
- Day One Benefits
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Full Time Nights 11p-7a and rotating weekends and holidays
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Follows Department and Hospital policies and procedures
- Performs assigned work safely adhering to established department safety rules and practices, including infection control techniques and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Adheres to Laboratory Quality System policies.
- Performs, documents, monitors, interprets and evaluates quality control testing and QC trends.
- Summarily reports all quality control and quality assurance findings to laboratory manager or supervisor. Reports to laboratory medical director and supervisor immediately and in detail any quality issues that may negatively impact the laboratory.
- Performs and documents instrument maintenance, calibration, and troubleshoots instrument issues.
- Performs, monitors, evaluates, and verifies diagnostic laboratory testing in a safe and efficient (timely) manner. Takes appropriate action needed to ensure test result accuracy including (but not limited to) appropriate follow-up of critical values, delta and instrument flags, and unacceptable specimens.
- Recognizes need for and documents additional quality control, maintenance, or specimens prior to releasing test results. Documents all corrective actions and “Consults Supervisor for assistance when necessary”.
- Performs Immunohematology procedures with accuracy and care to ensure safety of blood transfusions.
- Monitors pending logs and grease board regularly to provide rapid turnaround time
- Monitors email communications daily and communicates pending issues at end of shift: documents communication as requested
- Follows Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals and laboratory policies including, but not limited to, hand washing, appropriate critical value reporting and read back of results, patient identification and maintaining sample identification throughout the preanalytical, analytical and post analytical phases.
- Follows laboratory department dress code
- Answers the telephone in a timely manner and provides customer support in a professional and courteous manner; Interprets test requirements or results for nursing staff or physicians
- Seeks to promote a positive patient experience with every patient encounter and participates in activities or education to improve patient experience
- Performs Phlebotomy as needed if assigned
- Distribute and fax reports as needed
- Recognizes need for flexible staffing; works different or additional shifts when requested by supervisor.
- Works in an organized, efficient, and careful manner.
- Maintains a clean work area; keeps supplies stocked.
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Proof of High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor of Science or Associate of Science Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or related chemical, physical, or biological science
- Florida Clinical Laboratory Technologist license in Serology, Microbiology, Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, and Immunohematology
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Florida Clinical Laboratory Technologist license in Serology, Microbiology, Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Immunohematology, and Molecular Pathology
- MT or MLS national board certification (ASCP, AMT, or AAB)
As a member of the healthcare team, the Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist/Clinical Laboratory Technologist is responsible for performing various routine or special clinical laboratory tests in one or more sections of the laboratory using automated equipment, manual testing and microscopic analysis to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. The Medical Technologist will perform various duties of laboratory medicine commensurate with specialties and subspecialties that are performed within the areas assigned, recognizing and resolving technical problems and ensuring test systems and processes are functioning properly before reporting patient test results. Individuals will exhibit professionalism and provide positive patient/customer interactions, while serving as an engaged and productive team player for their work group and organization. The Medical Technologist is responsible to have a comprehensive understanding of the theory of all methodologies and quality systems within their scope of service, assess client needs, proactively participate in the implementation of improvement measures, verify test methods and ensure validity of testing to include patient preparation, pre-analytic analytic and post-analytic phases of testing and test results reporting.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.