- Job date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 08:57:58 GMT
- Expected salary: $12 per hour
- Job title: Member Services, Fitness Floor Attendant
- Company: Shalom Austin
- Location: Austin, TX
- We are Shalom Austin, the hub of Jewish life in Central Texas.
- We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization comprised of the Jewish Community Center (JCC), Jewish Federation, Jewish Family Service (JFS), and the Jewish Foundation.
- The majority of our programming operates on 40+ beautiful acres on the Dell Jewish Community Campus in the live music capital of the world – “weird” Austin, Texas.
- We are a passionate group of more than 200 staff working on our mission of enhancing the quality of Jewish life in the greater Austin area and around the world through philanthropy, education, social service, culture, spirituality and total wellness.
- You care about UNITY. You recognize the importance of one team that leverages resources, talents and expertise to achieve a common purpose.
- You care about EXCELLENCE. You are committed to continual improvement and you consistently set new standards for success.
- You care about RESPECT. You nurture your workplace through honesty, sincerity and responsibility.
- You care about CREATIVITY. You approach both opportunities and obstacles with a spirit of flexibility, thinking critically to achieve innovative solutions.
- You care about INITIATIVE. You are a self-starter, driven to exceed expectations and claim a sense of ownership as you pursue your goals.
- You care about KNOWLEDGE. You engage in continuous learning and actively seek opportunities that provide professional enrichment and personal fulfillment.
About the Job
We need you to fill the role of Fitness Center Attendant. This is a part time, non-exempt position. You’ll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Support fitness, membership and welcome desk reception operations
- Detail, sanitize, organize and maintain a clean, welcoming fitness center for all members
- Serve as a customer service representative, ensuring that the needs of our members and guests are met in a friendly and professional manner
- Be visible, be available, and walk around all areas of the Sports & Fitness complex whenever you are here to interact with members, monitor the facilities and tidy up or sanitize equipment and areas
- Assist members in accessing the fitness center and updating their accounts
- Possess the motivation to accomplish work independently for the success of the team
- Attend meetings as requested, including evening and/or weekend meetings
- Current Adult CPR, AED and First Aid certification, or acquired within first two weeks of employment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products required
- Must be self-motivated; previous fitness or recreational facility experience a plus
- Ability to effectively address multiple tasks at the same time and ability to interact with people of diverse backgrounds required
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently and as a team member
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (which may, depending on the position you are hired for, include an FBI fingerprint check)
- Adhere to our Mission, Core Values, and all HR policies and procedures
Physical Requirements and Environment
- Constant flow of foot traffic in and out of workspace
- Constant low and medium level background noise
- Ability to stand, sit, squat, kneel and walk over duration of shift
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods (often greater than 1 hour)
- Ability to engage in regular and extended computer use
- Ability to move successfully around facility
- Ability to carry 25-30 pounds
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate use of fitness equipment
Compensation and Benefits
- We’ll pay you an hourly salary of $12/hour
- Offering up to 20 hours/week
- We’ll provide a free membership to the fitness center and offer you discounts on programs, including personal training.
- We understand that you need a work/life balance and that you have commitments outside of the workplace, so we’ll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We’ll provide you with the opportunity to make a difference in the Central Texas Jewish community every day.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we cannot respond to individual telephone inquiries about whether or not a position has been filled. Only applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted by phone; all other applicants will be notified by email.
Shalom Austin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion*, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Due to the nature of our organization and the needs of certain positions, there are times when preference is given to applicants who identify as Jewish.
Powered by JazzHR