- Job date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 00:53:22 GMT
- Expected salary: $2020 – 2021 per month
- Job title: Middle School Counselor
- Company: West Fargo Public Schools
- Location: North Dakota
POSITION: Middle School Counselor – Cheney Middle School
TERM: Typically a 188 day contract, will be prorated depending on start date
SUMMARY: The school counselor will be responsible for the implementation of a comprehensive school counseling program that focuses on student outcomes, teaching student competencies, and providing services to students, parents, school staff, and the community. This may include classroom lessons, individual and small group lessons, providing classroom teacher support, and supporting the MTSS team to meet students’ social and emotional needs. The school counselor will be responsible for students in grades 6-8 and work collaboratively with administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
Professional school counselors promote the development of a comprehensive school counseling program. The four components of the ASCA National Model’s framework outline the duties of a professional school counselor. * Foundation: School counselors create comprehensive school counseling programs that focus on student outcomes, teach student competencies and are delivered with identified professional competencies.
- School counselors use the ASCA Student Standards to guide the development of school counseling programs.
- School counselors utilize the ASCA School Counselor Competencies to guide decision-making and help to standardize the professional practice.
- Management: School counselors incorporate organizational assessments and tools that are concrete, clearly delineated and reflective of the school’s needs.
- Assessment tools may include: Advisory councils, school counselor competency and program assessments, or curriculum, small-group, and closing-the-gap action plans.
- Delivery: School counselors provide services to students, parents, school staff and the community in the following areas –
- Direct Student Services
- School counseling core curriculum
- Individual student planning
- Responsive services
- Indirect Student Services
- Referrals for additional assistance
- Consultation and collaboration with parents, teacher, other educators and community organizations
- Accountability: Professional school counselors develop and implement data/needs-driven, standards-based and research-supported programs, and engage in continuous program evaluation activities.
- ND Teaching License with School Counselor Credential PreK-12
- Master’s Degree in School Counseling
- Ability to develop positive and meaningful relationships with students and families
- Experience working with complex student behaviors preferred
- Experience working in a middle school setting preferred
- Prior counseling experience preferred
SALARY: 2020-2021 Teacher’s Salary Schedule
The WFPS District funds the entire 11.75% employee contribution to TFFR, as well as the 12.75% employer contribution.
DEADLINE: September 4, 2020 or Until Filled
TO APPLY: Submit a letter of interest, resume, three letters of recommendation and the online application at:
The West Fargo Public School District is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment free from discrimination and harassment in all employment and educational programs, activities, and facilities. The District prohibits discrimination and harassment based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, or other status protected by law. External applicants are eligible for ND Veteran’s Preference: North Dakota veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a form DD214, and if claiming disabled veteran’s status, a current letter of disability.
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.