- Job date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 01:06:17 GMT
- Expected salary: $25.82 – 39.42 per hour
- Job title: MRI Technologist
- Company: UPMC
- Location: Harrisburg, PA
Job ID: 007510325
Facility: UPMC Pinnacle Hospitals
Department: MRI PHH
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative for diagnostic purposes.
- Practices and maintains MR safety in the department.
- Maintains clinical competency for all exams and equipment.
- Performs procedures for reviewing, processing and archiving.
- Prior to start of exam, reads and presents all relevant information to the physician based on protocol
- Identifies all patients properly by using two patient identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing procedures. Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders, applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the acquisition of data including the labeling /preparation/and administration of contrast. Documents patient history in electronic record as required.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect. Able to work as team member within the department and all other departments to expedite patient care efficiently.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patient’s fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Ensures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are properly coded and tracked through RIS system, all patient information is updated and documented in Rad Assessment, all exams are properly networked to ISITE for archiving and interpretation, and all charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
Qualifications Graduate of an ARRT approved school of Radiologic Technology, or completion of an accredited CNMT program or accredited ARDMS program.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Must obtain MR registry within 18 months of hire dateCPR or BLS RequiredCPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
Clearances must be dated within 90 days
- ARRT Certificate OR Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification (NMTC) OR Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (ARDMS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran Salary Range: $25.82 to $39.42 / hour
Union Position: No