- Job date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 08:33:42 GMT
- Expected salary: $91751 – 116284 per year
- Job title: Network Administrator (Information Technology Analyst 2 (40 Hour)) – #210303-7604FD
- Company: State of Connecticut
- Location: Hartford, CT
At the , Department of Social Services ( ) we, along with our partners, provide person-centered programs and services to enhance the well-being of individuals, families and communities.
We currently have an opportunity for a Network Administrator, Information Technology Analyst 2. We are eagerly seeking a results-oriented and stand out colleague to fill this roll within our Central office, 55 Farmington Ave, Hartford. It is a full-time forty (40) hour per week position, working Monday through Friday.
This position is responsible for maintaining standard operating procedures for infrastructure and production support monitoring and maintenance ensuring systems are in alignment with regulatory compliance, privacy, and security requirements.
We offer competitive which include health and dental insurance, a retirement plan, group life insurance, and other supplemental benefits. Paid time off is also offered, including 12 paid holidays per calendar year, in addition to vacation, sick and personal leave accruals.
- Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening and must specify their qualifications on their application. Please note revisions cannot be made once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.
- Applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies.
- The Department of Social Services participates in
- Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Kelly Paul at [email protected]
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency Information Technology (IT) environment, this class is accountable for independently performing a full range of information technology tasks and project coordination work involving infrastructure systems support, security and application development in an IT environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Incident investigation and escalation troubleshoot issues that may arise within systems and software.
- Track and document all system configurations, connections, and settings not captured (i.e. All VPN keys, all B2B tunnel accounts, etc.)
- coordinate mandatory patches/updates when necessary.
- Work directly with management responsible for the Enterprise Health & Human Services (HHS) maintenance and operations
- May represent ITS in project meetings including, development, design, construction, testing, and status updates.
- Additional information can be found
. * Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of IT equipment and diagnostic tools; considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis, design, development and programming; considerable knowledge of principles of information systems; considerable knowledge of principles and theories of business and planning functions; considerable knowledge of programming languages; considerable knowledge of capabilities of computer technology; knowledge of methods and procedures used to conduct detailed analysis and design of computer systems; knowledge of principles and techniques of software generation and programming; knowledge of practices and issues of systems’ security and disaster recovery; knowledge of computer operating systems; knowledge of project management principles and techniques; knowledge of principles and techniques of business information systems re-engineering; considerable technical problem solving skills; considerable logic and analytical skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable problem solving skills; interpersonal skills; project coordination skills; considerable ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve data communications problems; considerable ability to write, test and debug computer programs; considerable ability to use programming development tools; considerable ability to prepare manuals, reports, documentation and other written materials; considerable ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems; ability to analyze and debug complex software programs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Six (6) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or another IT related support area.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been performing professional information technology work in such areas as: installation and support of microcomputer hardware, software and operating systems; analysis, design and development of information systems; network hardware and software installation and support; network hardware and/or software problem diagnosis and resolution; performing any closely related professional IT function. NOTE: For state employees this is interpreted at the level of .
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
2. A Master’s degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Experience working in a rapidly-changing environment and recommending new technologies.
- Experience researching and keeping current in the latest technologies, information technology concepts and procedures and authenticating requirements have been met.
- Experience working as a team member.
- Experience comprehending existing applications and software to produce clear and accurate results.
- Experience communicating in writing and verbally to diverse populations and skill levels.
- Experience prioritizing work and meeting time sensitive deadlines.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position: Apply Online
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.