- Job date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 04:20:18 GMT
- Expected salary: $2000 per month
- Job title: Online Course Developers
- Location: USA
Submit a single .pdf file to [email protected] that includes:
- A one page cover page that includes: a) a one paragraph statement of qualifications and, b) an abstract of a proposed course, including title and overview of content to be included.
- A résumé/curriculum vitae.
We ask that proposed courses address concepts in a typical K-12 History curriculum and include the concept of technology, broadly construed. While the topic that you propose is ultimately up to each candidate, we expect that the course will a) be on a topic of history OR history education and, b) include 10 hours of instruction and activity, inclusive of a robust, asynchronous, auto-graded assessment. Additionally, each course should include the use of Library of Congress documents (Library of Congress affiliated websites include the World Digital Library, National Public Broadcasting Archive, StoryCorp Archive, National Folk Life Center, The Veterans History Project, and more) and how to analyze them with respect to the K-12 curriculum. Further specifications will be given to the successful candidates.
- This is a temporary, at-will, contracted position. The position has potential for renewal and/or multiple course contracts. We expect quick turnaround for both the hiring and course completion process.
- Course designers will be paid a contracted fee of $2000 per course that meets the parameters of the course design and deadlines assigned.
- Master’s degree in History, History Education, Social Studies Education, Curriculum and Teaching/Instruction with emphasis in History or Social Studies, or related field
- 5+ years teaching in a K-12 setting
- 2+ years of online course teaching, including course development using a widely-used LMS
- 2+ years of experience implementing best practices in instructional design
- PhD in History, History Education, Social Studies Education, Curriculum and Teaching/Instruction with emphasis in History or Social Studies, or related field. Individuals currently in an accredited program to meet this qualification will be strongly considered
- Experience developing and managing online courses using Moodle
- Experience with educational technology and online learning tools including video production and editing
- Experience working in higher education
Key Cultural Competencies
- Ability to create an environment that acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates differences
- Effective and respectful communication within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities, and cultural backgrounds
- Continuously seeking opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings
Conditions and Salary
About National Council for History Education
The National Council for History Education provides professional and intellectual leadership to foster an engaged community committed to the teaching, learning, and appreciation of diverse histories. Through historical inquiry, NCHE empowers learners to research and interpret the past. Using History’s Habits of Mind, our members investigate the past, engage in the present, and are empowered to shape the future.
Connections working at National Council for History Education
More Jobs Like This
The Ohio State University 2 Days Ago
St. Louis, Missouri
Washington University in St. Louis 3 Days Ago
Columbus, OH, Ohio
Columbus State Community College 3 Days Ago
BACK TO TOP
Help is on the way!
We’re sorry you are having trouble applying for this job.
Please try loading this job using the following link before submitting your help request:
Please provide details:
Submit Help Request
The mission of the National Council for the Social Studies is to advocate and build capacity for high-quality social studies by providing leadership, services, and support to educators.