- Job date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 08:29:59 GMT
- Expected salary: $12 – 17 per hour
- Job title: Online Family Coordinator Now Hiring
- Company: Academies of Math and Science
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year
2018 Runner-Up Reader’s Choice Awards: Best Place to Work
4.1 rated on Glassdoor.com
Online School Family Coordinator – supporting new AMS Virtual Academy
Selected candidates should be located in Phoenix, AZ but may have the option to work remotely some of the time
Our response to COVID19:
Are you dedicated to influencing positive changes in at-risk communities by preparing students for college and a successful life and career? Academies of Math and Science (AMS) is an academically advanced charter school network serving predominantly low-income students, with a decade-long track record of being either the highest or one of the highest performing K-8 charter schools in Arizona. The Aide is responsible for the administration, coordination, and communication between students, teachers and parents.
As we open new schools and grow by roughly 30% each year, we seek intelligent, data-driven teachers eager to uphold the same academic excellence that made our flagship school in Tucson the 2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year. Our results and success support our belief that all students can succeed – no matter their background – with the right programs in place, and more importantly, the right people leading the way. That’s where you come in.
- Assists teachers, administrators, office staff, and registrar with parent communication, preparing materials, and other tasks as needed
- Coordinates with other staff members to support a virtual environment focused on meeting students’ academic and behavioral needs
- Processes and maintains daily student attendance records and calls parents to verify absences
- Maintains attendance letters and communication with parents
- Provides information and assistance to students and their parents
- Efficiently handles a wide range of administrative tasks including ad-hoc projects
- Prepares and edits various correspondences and communications
- Occasional travel between Tucson and Phoenix
Qualifications & competencies:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong technology skills and preferably, familiarity with online education platforms
- Collaborative work style paired with the ability to take initiative
- Fluent in both English and Spanish
- Must be able to obtain and hold a valid IVP Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at all times
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (especially Excel), Google, Skype, Zoom, etc.
- Ability to learn new software programs as needed
- Capable of maintaining a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Follows through on matters in a consistent and timely manner
- Loves helping others and acting in a support role
Why work for us?
- Competitive salaries and bonus pay
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement (with employer contributions), PTO, and disability and life insurance
- Supportive, collaborative culture with incredible coworkers and leaders
- Comprehensive training, follow-up coaching, PD, and professional learning communities
- Extensive opportunities for career mobility/advancement as our schools and network continue to grow and expand to new areas
- The chance to truly make a difference in the lives of children who may not otherwise have access to a high-quality education
Interested in pursuing an AMS career?
Apply in 5 minutes through the link below. Please include the following in PDF or Word format:
1. A detailed resume describing your experience and data-supported accomplishments.
2. A cover letter showcasing your written communication skills and demonstrating your alignment with the AMS mission and competencies.
Compensation: $12 – $17 per hour, DOE