- Job date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 05:55:20 GMT
- Expected salary: $58500 – 64000 per year
- Job title: Outpatient Mental Health Clinician
- Company: Social Workers
- Location: Alameda County, CA
As an Outpatient Clinician, you will:
- Manage a clinical caseload of clients by providing individual and family therapy in a nurturing and safe environment.
- Collaborate with professionals at the clinic, within Alameda County and/or with other partnering agencies to ensure client is connected to critical social and support services.
- Engage with the outpatient program leadership to foster a continuum of quality improvement and strength building strategies for enhanced client services.
- Maintain highest standards in documentation and billing of client services.
- Actively participate in agency wide trainings, program staff meetings, clinical supervision and case conferencing as required.
- Contribute to conversations and actions that address and diminish dynamics of power and privilege related to race, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
The ideal candidates have…
- A Master’s or Doctoral degree in psychology, counseling, marriage and family therapy, or social work with current CA license in good standing (or be license eligible at time of hire.)
- Current and valid registration with the CA BBS or BOP.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience (with at least 1 year being post graduate) working directly with children and/or families
- Demonstrated clinical skill in assessment/evaluation and treatment, crisis intervention while working with complex, multiple diagnosis histories.
- Sensitivity and awareness in dealing with issues of cultural competency; efficiency and time management – ability to be well-organized and complete timely documentation – able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Trauma-informed and relational oriented approach to working with youth
- Motivation to work collaboratively and build community within Westcoast Children’s Clinic
- Values humility, compassion, and ongoing personal growth
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Medi-Cal reimbursement procedures and billing.
- Clean CA DMV record and current car insurance and car; travel is required.
- Prior knowledge and experience with EHR, such as Welligent, preferred
- Bilingual clinicians and clinicians of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Why work here?
-Be part of a compassionate, driven team that is social justice-focused: We have Staff Affinity Groups such as Staff of Color, LGBTQ+, Equity and Inclusion, Health and Wellness, and more!
-Make a difference for the Bay Area’s most vulnerable populations: We serve hundreds of vulnerable kids and their families each year to create positive changes in their lives!
-Access a growth-oriented learning community: As a Joint Commission Accredited agency, we are dedicated to providing the highest standard of care, and offer extensive clinical trainings and seminars led by field experts. Some of our trainings include:
- CSEC and CSE-IT
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Complex Trauma/Trauma-Informed Care
- Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS)
- Supervisor in Training program, and much, much more!
-Receive clinical supervision (individual and group) by a dedicated supervisor to assist toward licensure
Position details and compensation:
Salary range for all clinician positions is $58,500-$64k+ annually depending on experience and current licensure status, plus a 5% language differential, if applicable. Benefits:
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience (base salary starting at $58,500 post-masters)
- Bilingual pay differential for qualified candidates (5% of yearly salary)
- Quarterly and yearly incentive compensation and retirement plan contribution
- 100% Employer paid medical (base plan, Kaiser HMO), dental, vision, life insurance, and long-term disability coverage for full-time employees
- Variety of medical plan options including a variety of carriers and types of plans
- 403b retirement plan with ROTH and 403b contribution options
- Flex-spending options – Medical, Dependent Care and Commuter Plans
- 20 days paid time off per year (equivalent to 4 weeks), 11 Paid Holidays, plus Self-Care Leave (additional PTO accrual with increased years of service)
WCC is passionate about leading and encouraging open conversations around race, gender, power, and privilege, and how these impact community mental health. Our staff affinity groups include Staff of Color Council, LGBTQ Staff Group, White Accountability Group, and Equity and Inclusion Council.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diminishing the influence of privilege and discrimination in our field and our workplace, whether due to differences concerning age, citizenship, color, disability, marital or parental status, race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
I want jobs like this one emailed to me
By clicking the button above, you agree to the and
$58,500 – $64,000 Per Year Job Category:
Advocacy / Non-Profit Position Type:
Full Time Experience:
Less than 2 years Education:
Save for Future Use
Find Jobs By Category
Powered by , Inc.
750 First Street, NE Suite 800
Washington, DC 20002
The National Association of Social Workers (NASW) is the largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world. NASW works to enhance the professional growth and development of its members, to create and maintain professional standards for social workers, and to advance sound social policies.