- Job date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 03:20:33 GMT
- Expected salary: $14.75 per hour
- Job title: Per Diem Residential Counselor
- Company: VinFen
- Location: Windsor, CT
As a Per Diem Residential Counselor, you will provide direct support on an as needed basis to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain injuries, or psychiatric conditions and behavioral health challenges in a small group residential setting or an individual living arrangement. In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives by either building independence skills or increasing each person’s quality of life.
Per Diem Residential Counselors have a range of duties include administrating medication under the Medication Administration Program (MAP), implementing treatment plans, and assisting people with activities of daily living, such as household chores and cooking. You also strengthen residents’ connection to their community by providing transportation on outings such as shopping and doctor’s appointments.
In this position you will work at program homes located throughout the greater Hartford areas.
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. Vinfen leadership along with Vinfen’s medical staff are closely monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make decisions that are best for the safety and well-being of the Vinfen community.
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus includes:
- Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
- Virtual New Employee Orientation and Virtual training
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group homes
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
- Restricting visitors in programs to reduce chances of exposure
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- Flexibility to work around YOUR availability with the ability to pick up from just a few hours to over 40 hours per week
- Ability to work 1st, 2nd, 3rd or overnight shifts
- Both individual shifts and long term assignments available
- Paid certification training including CPR, First Aid and MAP
- Ability to participate Vinfen’s employee referral program which awards $500 – $2,000 bonuses for successful referrals with no annual cap
- Earn up to 5 days of paid sick time in a calendar year
- Eligibility to participate in Springfield College grant program for continued education
- Discounted YMCA memberships and access to wellness programs
- Other generous benefits and perks
Founded in 1977, for over 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that “transforms lives” by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at .
My Vinfen. My Community. My Job.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: social services, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, Direct Care, psychology, mentor, mental illness, mental health, disability, developmental disabilities, behavioral, rehabilitative, psychiatric, outreach worker, outreach services, human services, nonprofit, autism, crisis, trauma, advocacy, developmental disability, recovery, Part time, Per diem, Direct Care, CTRes, CTRelief.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience working with people with developmental disabilities and/or acquired brain injury strongly preferred.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a current, valid, US drivers’ license for at least one year and access to a reliable, fully insured vehicle.
- Must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified upon hire, Saftey Care certified within 60 days of employment and become MED certified within 150 days of employment. Certification trainings are offered through Vinfen upon hire.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI, SORI, reference, national fingerprinting and driving record check.
Per diem, hours vary
Hours per week
Per diem, hours vary
$14.75 / hour
License check required; vehicle access preferred