- Job date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 05:14:12 GMT
- Expected salary: $45000 – 55000 per year
- Job title: Placement Specialist
- Company: ResponsiveEd
- Location: Lewisville, TX
Join us as we expand our virtual learning schooling options in Texas, building upon the success of our more than 70 brick and mortar campuses across the state of Texas. Our school provides hope for students by providing an innovative, personalized environment where students are academically successful and develop into lifelong learners. Our leadership team, our faculty and our staff are high-performing, motivated individuals who are driven to provide exceptional programs for students in the state of Texas.
An iSchool Virtual Academy (iSVA) Placement Specialist is responsible for creating schedules and placing students into courses using our SIS, creating four year plans, and other counselor support tasks. This position is based in the iSVA office in Lewisville, TX. It is not a remote position.
- Associates Degree or higher (preferred)
- 5+ years in a field where data entry and working as a team player was required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Exhibits passion and excitement about education
- Ability to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Acts without being told what to do and brings new ideas
- Demonstrates the ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information
- Demonstrates persistence and willingness to go the distance to get something done for a student.
- Demonstrate the ability to be detail oriented
- Maintains stable performance under pressure
- Generates new and innovative approaches to work-related problems
- Possesses a track record of working hard or a willingness to work hard
- Possesses listening skills where one seeks to understand other viewpoints
- Speaks and writes clearly and articulately in all forms of communication including eMail
- Follows through with verbal and written agreements with students, colleagues, and administration
- Solicits feedback and reacts calmly to suggestions
- Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities or conditions
- Organizes and manages time wisely
- Uses varied communication vehicles and opportunities to promote team dialogue
- Proficient computer skills and comfort with technology are necessary as the virtual classroom requires the integration of seamlessly transitioning from multiple platforms and programs
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Course Placement for new and returning students
- Create four-year plans
- Placement based on HB5
- Data entry for course schedules
- Evaluate TREX and transcripts
- Orchestrate Credit by Exam and Dual Credit
- Enter EOC scores
- Manage early withdrawal process
- Knowledge of TAC, Chapter 74, Subchapter B, Graduation and Curriculum requirements
- Comply with the Texas Educator Code of Ethics, the ResponsiveEd Employee Handbook, the ResponsiveEd Student-Parent Handbook, administrative directives and other manuals and procedures documents
- Serve as a test administrator during all state testing examination windows and district assessment testing as needed; which may require overnight travel. More information listed under Physical / Environmental Factors
- Attends trainings and professional development as required
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- All other related duties as assigned
- General Office Equipment that includes a computer, copy machine, scanner, etc.
- Various applications that include, but are not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, G-Mail, eSped, Buzz, Google Drive Applications, Blackboard Collaborate, Zoom Web Conferencing, etc.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Occasional district and statewide travel does occur and is part of this position. District and federal guidelines are followed for travel expenses.
Job Title : Placement Specialist
Primary Location : iSchool Virtual Academy-Lewisville Office (iSVA)
Salary Range : $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 / Per Year
Shift Type : Full-Time