- Job date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 23:11:06 GMT
- Expected salary: $15 per hour
- Job title: Player Services Attendant
- Company: Player Services Attendant
- Location: Newport Beach, CA
Player Services Attendant
The Player Services department is the first and last point of contact with our members and guests that play golf. This position assists our members when arriving and takes initiative to help our members prepare for a day of golf or to help them conclude their experience. This vacancy will be working mostly in the practice facility/driving range. The shift for this position is Thursday through Sunday closing shift and the incumbent will work about 24-29 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service and professionally communicate with members
- Communicating with golf professional staff to retrieve and deliver members golf bags
- Retrieving Golf Balls using Picker Vehicle
- Washing Golf balls and stocking them in pyramids
- Moving Golf Range Furniture
- Monitor errant shots to ensure safety of others in range
- Maintaining a clean and organized practice facility
- Assist teaching pros replenishing golf balls for clinics
- Setting up driving range for next day and communicating with opening range associate to ensure accuracy
- Ensure member’s clubs are detailed, organized and stored safely
- Create a unique practice environment through detailed arrangements
- Organize cart fleet and charge fleet accordingly
- Detail cart fleet in immaculate, show-quality condition
- Manage Cart Return and Bag Room
- Locking up and securing range shed and range vehicles
- Maintain a high standard of safety and cleanliness and organization in golf operations areas
- Exposure to different weather conditions will occur
- Always conduct oneself in a professional manner to reflect the high standards of the Big Canyon Country Club
- Respond and provide aid if you are properly trained in medical or other emergencies
- Ability to multi-task in a faced paced, high pressure environment
- Will be expected to perform other duties as assigned
- Prior club or hospitality experience preferred
- 1-2 years of Customer Service experience
- Golf background preferred but not required
- Must be available to work on all holidays and weekends and evenings
- Ability to perform physical job duties such as carrying golf bags, golf balls and equipment
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Maintain a pleasant, polite manner as well as a neat and clean appearance
- Work cooperatively and professionally with other departments
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. (multiple times a day)
- Ability to be on one’s feet for long periods of time
- Ability to bend, reach, stoop when necessary
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions
Starting pay for this position is $15/hour
Sick pay eligibility
Time and a half pay for 6 holidays per year
401K retirement plan
Discounted Employee Meals
Golf Shop Discounts
Training and Education Assistance
All applicants are required to submit an online application through our club website (bigcanyoncc.org).
Human Resources will review applications to identify candidates who meet the minimum qualifications; therefore, it is to your benefit to include all current and previous related work experience.
- Step 1: Applications will be reviewed to identify candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and/or desirables; those candidates will be referred to step 2 in the selection process.
Step 2: Hiring managers will contact candidate to schedule interview.
- Step 3: Those candidates who are selected to continue from the interview process will be sent for background check.
- Step 4: Upon successful completion of background check, candidates will be notified and begin onboarding process
You will be notified by email during the process of this recruitment through Paycom. Please check your email spam/junk folders and accept emails ending with Paycom.com and bigcanyoncc.org.
**Big Canyon Country Club is an equal employment opportunity employer. We require a pre-employment background investigation and drug screen for all candidates. We E-verify all new hires for employment eligibility. We are an at-will employer.