- Job date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 08:59:40 GMT
- Expected salary: $90000 – 120000 per year
- Job title: Preconstruction Manager – Mixed-Use & Multi-Family Construction
- Company: Michael Page
- Location: Cincinnati, OH
Top Cincinnati General Contractor looking for experienced Preconstruction Manager to join their leadership team. This individual will focus on Multi-Family and Mixed-Use construction projects throughout Ohio.
Our client has been in business for over 50 years and has multiple offices in Ohio. All projects are high end design/build construction and have received many awards of excellence.
- The purpose of the preconstruction manager is to determine the costs associated with all types of construction building projects.
- The job entails evaluating all documentation associated with a project. The preconstruction manager will also factor items like personnel expenses, time to complete, and material and equipment expenses into the overall cost.
- In addition to developing cost estimates, the manager will handle all aspects of the bidding process.
- The preconstruction manager will be responsible for overseeing several projects at once.
- Typical job duties could include evaluating the construction site, developing itemized expense lists based on personnel and materials needed, and collaborating with project designers and owners to explain cost findings.
- Another duty for the preconstruction manager will be to perform calculations and research to develop ways to reduce overall project costs, as well as developing methods to track project expenses.
- The preconstruction manager may also be tasked with participating in the request for proposal (RFP) process.
- 5+ years’ experience minimum
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineer, Architecture, Construction Management or a related field
- MUST have Mixed-Use/Multi-Family experience – high end residential. Workout facilities, pools, apartment style, etc.
- MUST be client facing – there is some Business Development aspects to this role
- Strong desire to remain in Preconstruction
- Senior Level/Leadership role. Will report directly to VP of Preconstruction
- Software specific not important but must be technologically proficient
- Base Salary ranging from $90,000 – $120,000 depending on experience
- Ability to grow and lead the construction estimating department in Cincinnati
- Career growth opportunity
- Benefits package including 4% 401k match
- Employee first company culture