- Job date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 08:59:55 GMT
- Expected salary: $31 per hour
- Job title: Prior Authorization Nurse
- Company: Aerotek
- Location: Des Moines, IA
If interested or want more details please call Jessica directly at 515-657-5478 or
Position:Prior Authorization Nurse
Shift: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Nursing
- Must have current state RN license
- Must have 2+ years of clinical nursing experience (ideally if someone has outpatient or ambulatory or prior managed care experience that would be preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite specifically filtering within Excel, electronic medical records experience. Need to be comfortable working on computers and working on dual monitors
- Perform telephonic review of prior authorization requests for appropriate care and setting, following guidelines and policies, and approve services or forward requests to the appropriate Physician or Medical Director with recommendations for other determinations
- Complete medical necessity and level of care reviews for requested services using clinical judgment and refer to Medical Directors for review depending on case findings
- Collaborate with various staff within provider networks and case management team electronically or telephonically to coordinate member care
- Educate providers on utilization and medical management processes
- Provide clinical knowledge and act as a clinical resource to non-clinical team staff
- Enter and maintain pertinent clinical information in various medical management systems
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we’ve grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.