- Job date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 07:58:13 GMT
- Expected salary: $25 – 35 per hour
- Job title: PRN Senior Imaging Technologists- General
- Company: University of Iowa
- Location: Iowa City, IA
- Operate, adjust, and manipulate general diagnostic equipment.
- Maintain, operate and trouble-shoot and report equipment failures.
- Instruct trainees, students and staff on equipment operation and safety precautions.
- Explain examination process to patients.
- Ensure patients welfare and assist physician with medical procedures
- Perform patient care techniques including skin preparation, I.V. placement, vital sign monitoring and recording, and basic life support; prepare and administer contrast material to patients.
- Maintain records and results of examinations and archive computer data.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required of individuals performing this job.
Schedule: Work schedule will be PRN as needed
Salary: Range between $25 – $35 an hour depending on experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Radiologic Technology or other Allied Health Sciences discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Current certification or eligibility for certification in diagnostic procedures by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) is required.
- Current Permit to Practice issued by the Iowa Department of Public Health for all radiographers operating ionizing radiation emitting equipment is required.
- Previous work or clinical education experience in general radiology in a level 1 Trauma center is desired.
- Recent work or clinical education experience in general radiography is desired.