- Job date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 22:23:29 GMT
- Expected salary: $75000 – 84500 per year
- Job title: Procurement Technology Solution Analyst
- Company: University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Location: Denver, CO
The Procurement Technology Solution Analyst is responsible for ensuring that the Procurement technology platform optimizes process, workflows, policy compliance, and identifies opportunities for continuous improvement that delivers a positive end user experience. This includes but is not limited to the source-to-pay (S2P) platform, Travel & Expense Management, and Document Management systems. This position works closely and collaboratively with a large, diverse group including colleagues, suppliers, end users, faculty, and staff. As a Technology Solution Analyst you will be a key member of the team responsible for maintaining the health and stability of our enterprise wide procurement applications and ensuring the technology platform meets internal and external expectations and supports the changing needs of the University. You will be responsible for unit, integration and user acceptance testing and ensure a successful solution deployment.
This position reports to the Director of Procurement Operations & Shared Services and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system.
Duties and Responsibiities
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Technology Optimization & Implementation:
- Evaluate and configure the Procurement Service Center technology platforms to optimize process, workflow, policy compliance, and end user experience. Technology platforms include but are not limited to the S2P Solution, Travel & Expense Management, and Document Management.
- Lead and support projects designed to implement changes or add functionality to the technology offering with a focus on ensuring a positive end user experience.
- Engage in optimization & implementation efforts in coordination with the Office of University Information Services, the Office of the University Controller, and other strategic partner departments as needed.
- Manage new projects and enhancements of existing projects from conception through implementation.
- Develop an overall technology project plan, which outlines project tasks, requirements, milestone dates, status, allocation of resources, testing, documenting, and communicating system functionality and its impact to stakeholders.
User Experience & Technology Effectiveness:
- Evaluate and identify opportunities to enhance user experience and increase the use and value of the Procurement Service Center’s technologies.
- Collaborate with other Procurement Service Center teams, University constituents, and other strategic partners to identify areas of improvement within existing functionality and evaluate ROI of potential system enhancements.
- Act as liaison in the updating and development of training and communication materials related to the Procurement Service Center’s systems.
Production Support & System Effectiveness:
- Support ongoing administration of the Procurement Service Center’s technology platforms at an enterprise level.
- Lead testing and implementation of PSC Systems’ maintenance/version/user interface (UI) releases and new system modules.
- Ensure all applications and integrations are functioning properly.
- Production support and troubleshoot system-related issues on a daily basis.
- Articulate system-related issues and enhancement requests between third party software suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
Who we are:
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position is located in Denver or has the ability to work remotely. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses, but System Administration is not considered a campus. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty. .
The University of Colorado has been proactive in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can visit our for more information.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range has been established at $75,000 – $84,500, with an expected salary of $82,000.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more
Click here to access our Total Compensation to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
Additional taxable fringe benefits may be available.
More information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at .
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge and understanding of general procurement practices.
- Knowledge of business systems analysis and implementation best practices.
- Knowledge of project management best practices.
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies and developing and supporting web-based software
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external customers
- Skilled in and ability to utilize Microsoft Office suite and Project Management software.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be detail-oriented, and strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to learn quickly, make strong individual contributions and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a team environment
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and drive tasks and issues to resolution.
Please ensure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against these qualifications. You must meet all minimum requirements listed at the time of application to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or equivalent professional experience. (The educational requirement may be substituted by professional experience on a year for year basis).
- Three (3) years of eProcurement or supply chain software application experience
- Experience implementing software-as-a-service (SaaS) software solutions or ERPs with systems integration
- Bachelor’s or post-baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education in business, information systems, information technology, or field of study related to the work performed.
- Five (5) years of eProcurement or supply chain software application experience, as indicated above.
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- 1-3 years working with the Jaggaer source to pay software application
- Implementing or configuring Procurement systems such as ERP, MRP, P2P, spend analytics.
- Business automation and workflow process development
- Working with or in an institution of higher education.
- General procurement practices
- Working with Concur travel and expense management software.
- Professional certification in Project Management and/or process improvement discipline.