- Job date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 03:59:09 GMT
- Expected salary: $10000 per year
- Job title: Program Specialist (Residential Services)
- Company: VinFen
- Location: Milton, MA
As a Program Specialist, you will provide leadership on required program systems, policies, and procedures, assuring the completion of outcomes, including the administration of information, evaluation, development, management, and reporting within the organization. You will you will ensure proper standards and regulations are adhered to as required by the agency and external funding sources. Additionally, the Program Specialist will assist in the hiring, development, and training of staff in the implementation of an array of systems, and mentor and advise staff in how to develop and network strategic relationships with peers, family members, professional, state, business, internal and community stakeholders.
The Program Specialist will be a member of the new development team, and participate in all required aspects of expansion.
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. Vinfen leadership along with Vinfen’s medical staff are closely monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make decisions that are best for the safety and well-being of the Vinfen community.
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus includes:
- Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
- Virtual New Employee Orientation and Virtual training
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group homes
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
- Restricting visitors in programs to reduce chances of exposure
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal Days per year
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that “transforms lives” by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at .
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: rehabilitation, social counselor, social worker, provider, support staff, social services provider, counselor, mental health, psychiatric, social services, mentor, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, Direct Care, psychology, mental illness, mental health, psychiatric, outreach worker, outreach services, community based, human services, nonprofit, crisis, trauma, advocacy, recovery.
- A bachelor’s degree in a Human Services related field is required; master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years in progressively responsible Human Services functions required, 3 of which have been in a supervisory capacity.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers’ license for at least one year.
- All applicants must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment.
All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check.
Mon – Fri 5hours/per per day – two days a week (Two sites – Clifton Street, Blue HIlls Parkway)
Hours per week
$10,000 / year
License check required; vehicle access preferred