- Job date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 06:15:41 GMT
- Expected salary: $9.25 per hour
- Job title: PT Recreation Attendant
- Company: Centers
- Location: Morgantown, WV
Mylan Park owns, programs, leases, and manages over 350 acres of mixed-use recreation, social, health, and wellness facilities for the Greater Morgantown community. Through a public private partnership with WVU, Mylan Park is also home to a variety of both indoor and outdoor Intramural, Club Sports, and NCAA Big 12 Collegiate Athletic programs and the state’s only 50M aquatic facility. This partnership provides priority use of over 50 acres of field space, and more than 140,000 sq. ft. of state-of-the-art indoor facilities, for programs including WVU Swimming & Diving, indoor soccer, softball, rugby, flag football, WVU Women’s Track & Field, cheer, boxing, outdoor soccer, lacrosse, roller derby, and more.
Under general supervision, ensures all necessary equipment is available and ready to use for competitive swimming and track events. Provides support during competition use of aquatics center and track complex. This position may serve as aquatic attraction attendant for water slides and features as well as splash pad during summer months (seasonal). Must arrive on time as scheduled before event and prepares areas for use. Respsonsilbe for inspecting equipment prior to use to ensure proper function. Reports any maintenance needs or other concerns to facility manager and coordinator as necessary
Competitive Aquatics and Track Event Role
- Monitors event and provides support to officials, coaches, athletes, and other staff.
- Provides additional resources during event to help with incidents, spills, rules enforcement, etc.
- Communicates with all staff, lifeguards, meet staff, coordinator, facility manager to enhance customer service
- At the conclusion of the event secures all equipment and stores in appropriate location
- Helps with teardown and general clean-up of event site.
- In the case of large event this position may serve in other roles as needed based on the event
Aquatic Attraction Attendant Role
- Monitors slide use during open hours and enforces slide rules as posted and per the Slide Rules Policy document
- Maintains safety of guests by regulating use of the slide per manufactuer’s guidelines
- If a problem arises on the slide, promptly closes slide to prevent injury
- Communicates with all staff, lifeguards and facility manager to enhance customer service
- Basic knowledge of competitive swimming, diving, and/or track and field (competitive event staff)
- Ability and willingness to enforce policies and handle conflict resolution
- CPR/First Aid and AED training or ability to obtain certification within 1 month
- Communication skills
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Job is primarily performed in a pool environment
- Warm temperature and high humidity
- Proximity to chemicals and hazards
- Moderate to loud noise
- Outdoor work environment (Track and Field events)
- Standing or walking
- Occasional bending, stooping
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds