- Job date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 05:49:37 GMT
- Expected salary: $10.5 per hour
- Job title: Public Area Attendant
- Company: Vista Host
- Location: Lockbourne, OH
POSITION TITLE: Public Area Attendant
REPORTS TO: Executive Housekeeper
The Public Area Attendant is responsible for assisting room attendants on assigned floors; collect dirty linens and transport to laundry area, deliver fresh linens to room attendant carts throughout the day. May assist with stripping linens from room and/or cleaning of public areas. Deliver and retrieve items requested by guests and housekeeping staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide a clean and safe environment for guests
· Proactively maintain assigned areas and equipment
· Clean and maintain common areas of the property
· Deep cleaning of assigned areas
· Setting up and maintaining complimentary hotel lobby functions
· Cleaning and setting up meeting room functions
· Delivering service items to guest rooms upon requests from front desk
· Assist with guest luggage when required
· Ensure efficient completion of daily assignments in a timely manner
· Use supplies efficiently
· Report all safety, maintenance and housekeeping concerns to management
· Attend and participate in all mandatory training
· Flexible with schedule and assignments
· Knowledge and completion of property cleaning procedures
· Maintain effective performance under pressure
· Follow proper procedures for lost and found items
· Follow guest safety procedures
· Follow guest requests, i.e. do not disturb signs, change of linen or terry
· Acknowledge and greet guests in public spaces
· Review daily inventory of supplies needed to complete assignments
· May perform similar duties as requested by supervisor
· Frequently standing up or moving within and about the facility.
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50lbs and pushing and/or pulling approximately 200lbs.
· Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility.
· Frequently bending, stooping and kneeling.
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
· Basic reading and writing abilities are utilized often when reading assignments, completing checklist, replacing linens and amenities.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.