- Job date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 06:11:21 GMT
- Expected salary: $16 – 20 per hour
- Job title: Puppy Counselor (Daytime)
- Company: SF Puppy Prep
- Location: San Francisco, CA
Since 2004, we have been San Francisco’s premier puppy school. This is not a doggy daycare. We offer Bay Area dog owners the opportunity to enroll their dog in our revolutionary Puppy Day School, join insightful classes and participate with incredibly fun socials. We help dogs be their best, with training that will last them a lifetime.
- Full-time Puppy Counselor working with the Puppy Day School clients and their puppies (7 am – 4 pm, Monday through Friday)
- Create a safe and positive learning environment for the puppies, enabling them to have critical early enrichment
- Educate the puppies using the extensive hands-on (paid) training that SF Puppy Prep will provide (training will cover puppy socialization, dog body language, communication, positive reinforcement training, and basic learning theory)
- Cleaning (wiping up dog urine and feces, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, organizing, etc.)
- Preparing food (light kitchen duties, cutting of bait, kong stuffing, etc.)
- Assist colleagues with a variety of tasks assigned
- Communicate with clients (written/verbal), giving them insight regarding their puppy
- Provide support for Puppy Socials, Class Orientations, Special Projects, and Marketing Events
The ideal candidate:
- An honest, patient and enthusiastic candidate, who can provide the puppies with an ideal learning environment. The candidate should have a strong understanding of safety and its importance in the workplace. If the candidate has limited knowledge of positive reinforcement methods, they are excited to learn. If the candidate has significant dog training experience, they are ready to embrace our teaching methods. The candidate should enjoy working in an active environment with dogs and can handle loud noises, physical interactions with groups of puppies and work without the need for constant supervision.
- This is an excellent opportunity for people looking to start a career or grow their current professional experience with dogs. This can be your first step to working as a professional dog trainer or working with dogs on another professional level. Many members of our staff were previously dog walkers, doggy daycare staff, dog groomers or volunteers at a local shelter. The candidate should have an innate desire to learn and help dogs reach their fullest potential.
- You are consistently available to work at our school, 7 am to 4 pm daily, Monday through Friday. This availability must remain constant for at least 12 months.
- The majority of tasks assigned will require you to stand on your feet for several hours per day, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, twist, walk up and down stairs; handle extra small and/or large dogs, and be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- You need to be capable of some kitchen duties (cutting, bagging, cleaning), able to safely use a knife and other kitchen equipment
- Capable of working in an environment with barking and general noise
- You will be exposed to solvents, disinfectant, sanitation chemicals, dog dander, saliva, urine, feces, sharp puppy teeth, and nails may contact hands, skin, and clothing
- You have previous customer service experience and are capable of communicating with clients, staff, and vendors in both written and spoken English
- You are comfortable working with little supervision
- You have the patience and empathy to work with puppies (up to 10 per group) while guiding them to learn how to
- You must be 18 years or older and legally allowed to work in the US
Compensation: $16 to $20 per hour, depending on experience.
Powered by JazzHR