- Job date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 07:23:03 GMT
- Expected salary: $12.5 – 12.7 per hour
- Job title: Recreation Attendant I & II – The Rides at City Park
- Company: City Of Pueblo
- Location: Pueblo, CO
This is a non-exempt, temporary, part-time seasonal position, limited to 1300 hours annually, under supervision of the Recreation Supervisor and/or Coordinator. The Recreation Attendant is responsible for all participants in a program area and the implementation of all activities at the site as assigned by the supervisor. “Please note, number of positions to be filled dependent on programming restrictions related to COVID-19 public health emergency”
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate attendance records are kept current at all times
- Carry out weekly program activities
- Appropriate and effective discipline and management of group
- Establish a positive rapport with all participants in program
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions, including any state-mandated courses
- Responsible for maintaining equipment and supplies
- Maintains cleanliness of equipment and facilities
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Operations, services, and activities of an assigned program area.
- Recreation, sports, and youth/teen programming.
- Oversee, coordinate, and implement programs in assigned area.
- Recommend and implement goals and objectives for providing services.
- Provide lead direction to program participants.
- Evaluate and recommend programs that meet community needs.
- Interpret and apply rules and regulations in assigned program areas.
- Ensure program compliance with mandated City policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted during work.
In addition to the knowledge, skills, and abilities the position requires:
- A high school diploma or equivalent at least 2 years of Recreation Aide experience
- Previous experience working with teens or youth is preferred
- Previous experience in the recreation field is preferred
Benefits Package for Temporary/seasonal positions
Because of its reduced schedule, temporary and seasonal employment with the City gives you the time to maintain a quality work/life balance and offers the following benefits:
PERA Retirement – A Lifetime Benefit:
As a member you contribute a percentage of every check to PERA in exchange for a lifetime defined benefit, or pension.
City employment as a temporary or seasonal employee means that the most you can expect to work is 1300 hous in a calendar year. Depending on the work schedule required by the hiring department, this means more time to spend with your family and/or doing other activities.