- Job date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 23:50:28 GMT
- Expected salary: $16 per hour
- Job title: Recreation Attendant
- Company: Recreation Attendant
- Location: Newport Beach, CA
Under the direction of the Recreation Director or Coordinator, the Recreation Attendant is responsible for assisting in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Club’s fitness facility, pool, and recreation programs. The Recreation Attendant is responsible for providing excellent customer service, maintaining the cleanliness of the recreation department and assisting members, guests and coworkers with their needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcoming and assisting members and guests
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment for all members of our facilities
- Ensuring recreation department operations meet club standards
- Overseeing regular operations of the fitness facility, tennis courts, and pool
- Responding to members’ needs for assistance and information both in person and over the phone
- Encouraging proper use of equipment and facilities
- Attending all staff meetings and required training
- Maintaining open communication between staff members, coordinators, and director
- Informing supervisors of any major incidents as quickly as possible
- Setting up, cleaning up, opening and closing facilities
- Preparing facility for group activities and member use
- Coordinating facility arrangements with instructors, gym, and maintenance personnel
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Always conduct oneself in a professional manner to reflect the high standards of the Big Canyon Country Club
- Respond and provide aid if you are properly trained in medical or other emergencies
- Ability to multi-task in a faced paced, high pressure environment
- Will be expected to perform other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of Customer Service experience
- Ability to perform physical job duties
- Work cooperatively and professionally with other departments
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays and special events
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other program staff, members, and guests
- Knowledge of Country club practices are highly desirable
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to be on one’s feet for long periods of time
- Ability to bend, reach, stoop when necessary
Starting pay for this position is $16/hour
Sick pay eligibility
Time and a half pay for 6 holidays per year
401K retirement plan
Discounted Employee Meals
Golf Shop Discounts
Training and Education Assistance
All applicants are required to submit an online application through our club website (bigcanyoncc.org).
Human Resources will review applications to identify candidates who meet the minimum qualifications; therefore, it is to your benefit to include all current and previous related work experience.
- Step 1: Applications will be reviewed to identify candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and/or desirables; those candidates will be referred to step 2 in the selection process.
Step 2: Hiring managers will contact candidate to schedule interview.
- Step 3: Those candidates who are selected to continue from the interview process will be sent for background check.
- Step 4: Upon successful completion of background check, candidates will be notified and begin onboarding process
You will be notified by email during the process of this recruitment through Paycom. Please check your email spam/junk folders and accept emails ending with Paycom.com and bigcanyoncc.org.
**Big Canyon Country Club is an equal employment opportunity employer. We require a pre-employment background investigation and drug screen for all candidates. We E-verify all new hires for employment eligibility. We are an at-will employer.