- Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 01:11:29 GMT
- Expected salary: $38000 per year
- Job title: Regional Admissions Counselor for Nevada
- Company: Dixie State College
- Location: Nevada
Under the leadership of the Associate Director of Admissions for Recruitment, the Regional Admissions Counselor is an integral part of the Admissions team by participating in recruitment of new students, including transfer students, to Dixie State University. This Regional Admissions Counselor works remotely and on the road to coordinate student recruitment efforts in Las Vegas, Nevada.
This particular counselor will be required to live and work in the Las Vegas, Nevada metropolitan area. Information about the Admissions department can be found online at .
- Responsible for recruiting and enrolling new undergraduate students in the Northern Utah area and surrounding states.
- Communicate daily with prospective students as they move through the recruitment process, including outreach, answering questions about the admissions process, alleviating concerns, assisting with application submission, and following through to enrollment.
- A significant level of interaction with prospective students through phone calls, email, text, chat room, in-person and web conferencing.
- Generate and analyze enrollment analytics of assigned territory and make strategic student recruitment decisions based on data analysis.
- Coordinate student recruitment activities in assigned territory, including travel in short and over extended periods.
- Build personalized relationships with prospective students, families, school counselors, alumni, and other constituents in support of the recruitment goals for the territory.
- Represent the university at college fairs, job fairs, student recruitment events, etc.
- Work with Ambassadors, educating them on recruiting in your prospective territory.
- Assist with any new student recruitment activities as assigned by the Director or Associate Directors of Admissions.
- Perform other duties as assigned. This position will require travel in support of student recruitment activities. Travel will be required for extended periods of time. Position is required to live in Las Vegas area and perform administrative tasks from a home office when not traveling for recruitment activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Relevant work experience with a preference for campus recruiting, student leadership or advising.
- Ability to live in the assigned regional area, work remotely, and travel in support of student recruitment activities, both for short and extended periods of time.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Provide a high level of customer service to professionals in phone, email, web conference, and in-person settings.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete multiple tasks in an organized manner, ensure a balanced and efficient workload.
- Ability to exercise critical thinking skills to improve workload.
- Comfortable in a university environment, working with students, faculty, and staff from multiple backgrounds and nationalities.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote team environment.
- Supply a valid driver’s license and vehicle for traveling.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time (12-month) professional staff position. Annual salary of $38,000+ depending on qualifications & experience. Desired start date of October 2020. Excellent benefits package included (see under “Benefits Summary” for more details).
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins September 21, 2020. Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University is an open-enrollment institution committed to student access, affordability and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of “active learning. active life” and we seek faculty and staff committed to providing students with an active learning environment. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to excellent outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles) with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams.
Dixie State currently has approximately 11,000 students and has been a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education over the last several years. We offer over 210 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit faculty and staff who enthusiastically support the University’s strong commitment to its strategic plan, campus diversity, and growth trajectories. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury –
, HCC 579, 435-652-7747. * Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco –
, 435-652-7731. For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visit or contact:
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights,
, 800-421-3481. * U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office,
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.