- Job date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 04:42:56 GMT
- Expected salary: $39611 – 67060 per year
- Job title: Rehabilitation Counselor
- Company: State of North Carolina
- Location: Mecklenburg County, NC
*Selected applicant needs to have the means to telework as the job requires.
This Rehabilitation Counselor position is located in the Charlotte Unit office. The primary purpose of this position is to provide a program of services to adults with primarily intellectual and developmental disabilities. Selected applicant is accountable for the design and implementation of a comprehensive plan of vocational rehabilitation services for persons with disabilities.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Evaluating diagnostic data to determine eligibility and needed services
- Develop a written plan of services in conjunction with the consumer
- Provide rehabilitation services within the context of a guidance and counseling relationship, provide supportive counseling
- Monitor the consumer’s progress throughout the service delivery process
- Work directly with community partners in order to assist individuals with disabilities in becoming suitably employed
- Document service delivery and case progress in the case management system as required by agency policy
Selected applicant needs to have the means to travel as the job requires.
*In order to be considered for this position you must attach a copy of your transcripts.*
Salary Grade: GN10
Recruitment Range: $39,611- $60,773
The DHHS Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (DVRS) promotes employment and independence for persons with disabilities through customer partnership and community leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the
application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will
not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified candidates must document on the application
that they possess all of the following:
Please refer to the link below for additional information
If your Master’s degree is in a field other than Rehabilitation Counseling, your application must explicitly demonstrate that you possess the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities listed below:
- In-depth knowledge of casework methodology and techniques of rehabilitation counseling
- Knowledge of federal and state laws governing the delivery of rehabilitation or independent living services
- Demonstrated ability to interpret medical and psychological data in planning and developing rehabilitative services
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with consumers, family members, and various professional and specialty services involved in the rehabilitation process
- Demonstrated ability to network and communicate effectively with area employers and/or community agencies through excellent verbal and written skills
Management prefers candidates with the following:
- Good counseling and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- Willingness and ability to travel to and from locations in the community.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Master’s degree in rehabilitation counseling from an appropriately accredited institution;
A master’s degree in a related human services field from an appropriately accredited institution;
Current certification as a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor by the Commission of Rehabilitation Counselor Certification.
Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The DHHS Division of Human Resources (DHR) follows the State Human Resources Employment of Relatives Policy. Applicants who have relatives or people living in the same household, will not be considered for job vacancies in the DHR at those locations. For a complete definition of immediate family member, please see the State Human Resources Workforce Planning, Recruitment and Selection Policy, Section 2, Page 38.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your application, please call the NeoGov Help Line at
855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated with via email only for updates on the status of their application. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR at 919-855-3517.