- Job date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 08:57:22 GMT
- Expected salary: $3980 – 5804 per month
- Job title: Rehabilitation Counselor Trainee – Opt H (Upward Mobility Target Title)
- Company: State of Illinois
- Location: Peoria County, IL
Under direct supervision, for a period not to exceed twelve months, receives formal and informal training in the principles, techniques, procedures and policies related to assisting persons with disabilities under the Persons with Disabilities (PWD) Waiver, Brain Injury (BI) Waiver, or AIDS Waiver to live independently in the community and/or their own place of residence with needed supports essential to maintaining an independent lifestyle. Travels in the performance of duties to individual’s home to interview applicants to determine risk of nursing home placement and eligibility for DRS Home Services Program; physically enters and visually assesses the home environment for suitability and planning of service.
Requires possession of a Master’s Degree from a college or university program accredited by the Council On Rehabilitation Education (CORE); or, a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in rehabilitation counseling, rehabilitation administration, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, deaf education, special education, social work, sociology, gerontology, nursing, or a closely related field. Requires ability to travel to individual’s home to interview applicants to determine eligibility for DRS Home Services Program; physically enters and visually assesses the home environment for suitability and planning of services.
Work Hours & Location/Agency Contact
Division of Rehabilitation Services
Bureau of Field Services
211 Fulton Street, Suite 207
8:30 am – 5:00 pm (M-F)
Anticipated Starting Salary Range – $3,980 to $5,804 per month or $47,760 to $69,648 per year
Current Bargaining Unit Employees – Collective Bargaining Agreement language applies
Where to Apply: [email protected]
Include posting ID # and bidders names in subject line when applying
If this position requires an automated/skills test, candidates must take this test by the close of the posting period in order to receive a grade. For more information, please .
Bureau of Employee Services
100 South Grand Ave East, 3rd floor
Springfield, IL 62762
**PLEASE SEE NEW CMS GRADING PROCESS BELOW**
Bids/applications must be received at the [email protected] by the closing date of the posting, late applications will be considered ineligible.
CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT A SEPARATE BID FORM AND CMS-100/B FOR EACH POSTED VACANCY APPLIED FOR.
APPLICATION – BIDDING PROCEDURES:
- PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITY (applying for a grade OR currently hold a grade): Effective November 1, 2019 CMS Examining will no longer accept CMS100B applications. Current employees interested in this position must submit a bid form and completed Promotional Application (CMS100B, Rev. 09/2020 or newer) to the [email protected] ; this must be done within the bid/posting period and contain the posting ID number on the all forms.
- ALL OTHER INTERESTED CANDIDATES (Voluntary Reduction, Job Assignments & Transfer): Applicants must submit a bid form, transfer request form (if applicable), and a completed employment application (CMS100, Rev. 09/2020 or newer) to the [email protected] ; this must be done within the posting period and contain the bid/posting ID number on all forms.
3. NON-STATE APPLICANTS/GENERAL PUBLIC: For titles requiring an automated exam, submit your application to the contact listed on the posted vacancy. An assessment center staff member from CMS will contact you to schedule an exam when the posting you have applied to is selected for testing; this must be done within the posting period and contain the bid/posting ID number on all forms. Please visit to obtain a CMS100 application.
How to Apply
This position may require a current grade from Central Management Services (CMS), Division of Examining and Counseling, to be deemed qualified and available for employment consideration. For more information, please refer to the Work4Illinois website at Work.Illinois.Gov and select ‘Application Procedures’. Additional information may also be obtained from the Agency Contact listed above or by contacting CMS, Division of Examining and Counseling at [email protected] or (217) 782-7100, (217) 785-3979 (TDD/TTY), (800) 526-0844 (TTY Only).
Additional Documentation for Rehabilitation Counselor Trainee :
Option H – Home Services Program
These documents are in PDF format and can be viewed using .
NOTE: Salary amounts shown are only to be used as a guide; actual salary will be determined at the time of hire based on current salary plans and/or collective bargaining agreements, if applicable.