- Job date: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 22:08:02 GMT
- Expected salary: $13.5 per hour
- Job title: Relief ACCS Residential Counselor
- Company: VinFen
- Location: Somerville, MA
As a Relief ACCS Residential Counselor, you will provide direct support to people with psychiatric conditions and behavioral health challenges in a small group residential setting or an individual living arrangement. In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives by either building independence skills or increasing each person’s quality of life.
Relief ACCS Residential Counselors have a range of duties include administrating medication under the Medication Administration Program (MAP), implementing treatment plans, and assisting people with activities of daily living, such as household chores and cooking. You also strengthen residents’ connection to their community by providing transportation on outings such as shopping and doctor’s appointments.
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. Vinfen leadership along with Vinfen’s medical staff are closely monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make decisions that are best for the safety and well-being of the Vinfen community.
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus includes:
- Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
- Virtual New Employee Orientation and Virtual training
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group homes
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
- Restricting visitors in programs to reduce chances of exposure
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
The benefits of becoming relief at Vinfen include:
- Paid certification training including CPR, First Aid and MAP.
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week depending on availability.
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap.
- Other generous benefits and perks!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that “transforms lives” by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at .
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: social services, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, Direct Care, psychology, mentor, mental illness, mental health, disability, behavioral, rehabilitative, psychiatric, outreach worker, outreach services, human services, nonprofit, autism, crisis, trauma, advocacy, recovery, Part time, Per diem, Direct Care
- High school diploma or GED required. A bachelor’s degree in a Human Services related field is preferred.
- Prior Human Services experience.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a current, valid, US drivers’ license for at least one yearand access to a reliable, fully insured vehicle (unless position is based in the Metro Boston Area)
- Must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment. Certification trainings are offered through Vinfen upon hire.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check.
Hours per week
$13.50 / hour
License check preferred