- Job date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 08:58:27 GMT
- Expected salary: $25 per hour
- Job title: Remote Crisis Counselor in NYC Public Schools
- Company: Counseling in Schools
- Location: New York
CIS counselor will provide mental health counseling and overall support to students in elementary through high school and their families utilizing individual, group and family modalities.
- This position is under the Project Hope Covid Relief Grant and currently scheduled to end in June 2021.
- The position is paid hourly at $25/ hr for 40 hours a week.
- The position is fully remote via phone and virtual sessions only working with NYC school children mainly during school hours.
- This is a crisis counseling position working with children impacted by COVID. The work can be short (just a few sessions) or long term (for the remainder of the school year) counseling depending on the needs of the client.
- Licensed Master’s level degree in Social Work or related mental health field
- Computer and data entry skills
- Time management skills
- Professional communication skills
- Organizational Skills
- Self-starter, takes initiative, motivated
- Community Engagement
- Works well in a team based setting
- Must be able to get fingerprinted and background clearance through NYC DOE
- A minimum of 2 years post-Master’s experience with license
- Experience in school-based programs, preferably with grades K-12
- Experience in crisis intervention and de-escalation
- Experience working with large groups
- Knowledge of Restorative Practices
Hourly Rate: $25 per hour
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Powered by JazzHR