- Job date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 02:25:13 GMT
- Expected salary: $30 per hour
- Job title: Remote Crisis Counselor Team Leader for NYC Public Schools
- Company: Counseling in Schools
- Location: New York
CIS Team Leader will provide mental health counseling and overall support to students in elementary through high school. CIS Team Leaders will also be responsible for providing clinical and programmatic supervision to Project Hope Crisis Counselors.
Crisis Counselor Team Leader:
- This position is under the Project Hope COVID Relief Grant and currently scheduled to end in June 2021.
- The position is paid hourly at $30/ hr for 40 hours a week.
- The position is fully remote via phone and virtual sessions working with Crisis Counselors mainly during school hours.
- Team Leaders will be responsible for providing programmatic and clinical supervision to a group of crisis counselors.
- Crisis counselors will be working with children impacted by COVID. This work can be short (just a few sessions) or long term (for the remainder of the school year) counseling depending on the needs of the client.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Board Certified Art Therapist (LCAT ATR-BC)
- Experience supporting and supervising social workers
- Computer and data entry skills
- Time management skills
- Professional communication skills
- Organizational Skills
- Self-starter, takes initiative, motivated
- Community Engagement
- Works well in a team based setting
- Must be able to get fingerprinted and background clearance through NYC DOE
- Strong clinical framework in working with children and youth from early childhood to adolescence.
- Experience in school-based programs, preferably with grades K-12
- Experience in crisis intervention and de-escalation
- Experience working with large groups
- Knowledge of Restorative Practices
Hourly Rate: $30 per hour
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Powered by JazzHR