- Job date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 06:05:01 GMT
- Expected salary: $11.25 per hour
- Job title: Riverwalk Cafe Attendant
- Company: Naperville Park District
- Location: Naperville, IL
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Monday – Sunday 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM; hours vary
The Café Attendant position is responsible for the day-to-day frontline food service operation at the Riverwalk Café. This position will provide fast, efficient and safe food and beverage service to customers, ensuring the consistent delivery of quality menu items, and responding quickly to . This position is under the general supervision of the Assistant Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: * Provide an exceptional customer service experience for visitors. Maintain a full knowledge of food and beverage items available for purchase.
- Take food and beverage orders from customers through use of the point of sale system and offer house specialties and promotional items. Present customer with an accurate bill for their purchase, receive payment, and ensure proper cash and credit card handling. Ensure confidential use of customer information, including credit card transactions.
- Successfully balance receipts and reconcile transactions.
- Ensure all safe food handling procedures are followed.
- Prepare food per recipes provided by the Food and Beverage Manager.
- Follow sanitary practices for food handling, maintenance of dining areas and general cleaning of the facility. Adhere to the Illinois Department of Public Health, DuPage County Health Department, City of Naperville and State of Illinois requirements for food handling and the serving of alcohol.
- Promptly involve the assistant manager when customers raise issues such as food quality, customer service, and cleanliness.
- Monitor inventory of supplies and equipment. Report needed items to Assistant Manager on duty.
- Prepare food, condiments, and support items needed for shift.
- Bus, pre-bus, and reset tables as needed. Ensure a clean atmosphere at all times. Assist with cleaning the dining and kitchen areas, to include dish washing.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with residents, customers, and co-workers. Ensure effective communication.
- Follow and model compliance with all District, State, Federal and departmental safety and risk management, personnel, administrative policies and procedures, ordinances and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of customer service and food handling.
- Ability to carry a food tray to tables and present food and beverages to customers.
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Must have cheerful disposition and a pleasant personality.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work with co-workers and be viewed as a team player.
- General knowledge of emergency and safety procedures.
- Ability to operate kitchen machinery and tools.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in food operations or related field.
- Experience with different types of tender, credit cards and other point of sale items is preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, Illinois Food Handler’s Certification within one (1) month of date of hire.
- Must be 18 years old.
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Exposure to heat from appliances. Exposure to smoke, steam, cleaning chemicals, food and odors.
- Subject to modified/flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift or carry light to medium weight (20 lbs. to 50 lbs.) objects and perform team lifts or assistive devices for heavy items.
- Ability to perform prolonged lifting, stooping, bending, twisting and climbing, cleaning for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform job duties for prolonged periods of time.