- Job date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 05:56:50 GMT
- Expected salary: $13.57 per hour
- Job title: Safe Haven Residential Counselor (Homeless Services)
- Company: VinFen
- Location: East Boston, MA
As a Safe Haven Residential Counselor, you will provide support to and engage Safe Haven residents in a welcoming and comfortable setting, designed as a safe, low-demand alternative to the streets or shelters for people with significant histories of homelessness and psychiatric conditions, sometimes with substance misuse. You will meet residents’ needs for privacy and safety, and gradually encourage their participation in working on their self-defined needs for income/benefits, finding permanent housing, addressing health issues, and building social support.
Together with staff and residents, Safe Haven Residential Counselors will foster a place of mutual respect, support, caring and collaboration where safety, health, and learning are paramount and attaining permanent housing is the goal.
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. Vinfen leadership along with Vinfen’s medical staff are closely monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make decisions that are best for the safety and well-being of the Vinfen community.
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus includes:
- Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
- Virtual New Employee Orientation and Virtual training
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group homes
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
- Restricting visitors in programs to reduce chances of exposure
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal Days per year
- Educational Assistance and Remission Program
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that “transforms lives” by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at .
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: social services, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, Direct Care, psychology, mentor, mental illness, mental health, disability, developmental disabilities, behavioral, rehabilitative, psychiatric, outreach worker, outreach services, human services, nonprofit, autism, crisis, trauma, advocacy, developmental disability, recovery.
- A bachelor’s degree in a Human Services related field is preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- Prior Human Services experience preferred.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers’ license for at least one year.
- All applicants must be able to become CPR and First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment.
All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check.
Tues. – Sat. 8 am – 4 pm
Hours per week
$13.57 / hour
License check preferred