- Job date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 01:14:42 GMT
- Expected salary: $9.5 – 12 per hour
- Job title: School Aged Virtual Learning Counselor
- Location: Akron, OH
(The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer)
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. General support of Before and After School Enrichment (BASE), Summer Day Camp, Fun & Snow Day programs. This position works directly with children and parents to ensure all programs meet and exceed expectations. The position will incorporate caring, honesty, faith, respect and responsibility into all aspects of the program.
Locations are throughout Summit County including Macedonia, Cuyahoga Falls, Stow, Akron, and Green. Many sites are at the public school and some locations located at a YMCA branch.
$9.50 – $12.00 / hour depending on qualifications
- Must qualify to be an Assistant or Lead Teacher under the Step Up to Quality program and the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.
- Must be able to provide a copy of High school diploma, a completed medical form (JFS 01296) and undergo a BCI/FBI background check prior to first day of work.
- Certifications in CPR, First Aid, Communicable Disease and Child Abuse Prevention should be obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Must be committed to YMCA mission, values and philanthropic efforts.
- Must have reliable transportation
In the before and after school programs we have both Assistant and Lead Counselors. Both of these positions play key roles in the success of our programs. Which role you qualify for is determined by your experience and education.
- Create a vibrant cause-centered culture for children and families.
- ASSIST/LEAD: Classroom staff, children and volunteers and understand their value.
- ASSIST/LEAD: Help implement weekly lesson plans that are aligned to curriculum and State of Ohio standards. Lesson plans must be turned in and approved weekly.
- Maintain child and classroom assessments and screenings. Must have an understanding and be able to communicate curriculum, standards, assessments and screenings to a state licensing specialist.
- Maintain accurate records for licensing, USDA & other funding agencies.
- INNOVATE: Create an environment that is welcoming and meets all requirements set forth by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services and Step Up to Quality programs.
- INCLUDE: Provides all children with activities that are age-appropriate, engaging, diverse and educational. Guides children’s behavior utilizing appropriate behavior management techniques.
- COLLABORATE: Work with site staff to maintain the cleanliness, upkeep and organization of all program areas. This includes assisting with the clean-up following meals and snacks.
- Must complete all required trainings that may include: ODJFS trainings, Step up to Quality trainings, or others assigned by your supervisor. Staff are expected to be in attendance at all mandatory staff meetings.
- Play an active role in branch fundraising efforts including the Annual Campaign, Special Events, and Grants/Foundations.