- Job date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 23:04:31 GMT
- Expected salary: $9.45 per hour
- Job title: School Camp Counselor – U20
- Company: The Salvation Army USA
- Location: Saint Louis, MO
Come help us with our mission of “Doing the Most Good.” The Salvation Army Gateway Corps has a temporary part-time immediate opening for a School Camp Counselor. The scheduled start date for this position is on or about Monday 8/31/2020 and should run for at least 9 weeks. This is an Under 20 hour per week position and is paying $9.45 per hour.
Assist in School Camp. Must maintain and exhibit willingness to assist in carrying out The Salvation Army mission. Enjoy working with children and perform some cleaning duties as needed in program areas. Position is expected to comply with and meet The Salvation Army, Federal, State and Local policies and standards.
Essential Duties * Assist with supervision of children during activities in the program.
- Enforce rules as necessary.
- Lead and participate in all facets of these programs, e.g., recreation, lunch, assist in virtual learning and breaks.
- When necessary, mediate disputes among participants, being sensitive to needs of all parties.
- Clean eating, work and play areas before and after activities.
- Maintain and store all supplies and equipment.
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Salvation Army “Safe From Harm” program.
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships. This includes, but is not limited to, such actions as: resolution of conflicts in a professional manner; courteous treatment of students; respect of others’ property and person; and professional and appropriate communication.
This job description should not be interpreted as an all inclusive list. It is intended to identify the essential duties and requirements of the position. Employee will follow other instructions, and perform other related duties, as may be required by his/her supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications * Previous work with youth activities is desirable.
- Good communication skills.
- Requires basic verbal communications with children and other employees.
- Certified in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid is a plus.
- The Salvation Army mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
- Employees are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and project a positive image to others consistent with the above mission statement. This includes appearance as well as verbal communications and other behaviors. It should be clearly understood that nothing less will be expected.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.