- Job date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 03:34:39 GMT
- Expected salary: $46966 per year
- Job title: School Counselor for Alternative Learning Experiences (2020-2021 School Year)
- Company: Hazelwood School District
- Location: Missouri
Reports to: Lead Counselor/Social Worker
To coordinate students’ enrollment in virtual learning/MOCAP programs for the district.
1. Implements Individual Student Planning for Virtual Learning.
Examples of Work Performed: * Approve students for virtual learning/MOCAP courses as appropriate.
- Enroll students in virtual learning courses.
- Keep log of students enrolled in virtual learning and status of coursework completion.
- Monitor student progress on the virtual learning classroom on a monthly basis and provides progress reports as required..
- Serve as liaison between the school district and each virtual learning provider.
- Communicate with parents to best meet student learning needs.
- Provides Educational Career Planning.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Provide training and information as requested to key stakeholder groups.
2. System Support
Examples of Work Performed: * Program management
- Evaluations of program
- Develops and participates in Professional Development
- Helps support staff and community relations
- Consults and collaborates on a number of district level teams
- Participates in building and district level committees
- Community outreach
- Program advocacy
- School support
3. Other Duties as Assigned
Examples of Work Performed: * Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct.
- Maintains and continuously improves professional competence through regular attendance at PDC activities and other professional development opportunities support by the district.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
Education – Master’s Degree in School Counseling with certification in at least grades 9 -12 and three years as a classroom teacher or the equivalency in a related field.
- Proficient in preparing rigorous, interactive, exciting, and informative
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, Desktop Publisher and database management.
- Able to work effectively with colleagues, parents, administrators, etc.
- Superior interpersonal skills to facilitate an excellent educational experience for students in a high energy/stress environment.
- Discretion and confidentiality with an awareness of all District requirements and Board of Education Policies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed.
- Must be self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, and to lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required included close vision, distance vision, the ability to adjust and focus, and depth perception. Specific hearing abilities required include normal conversation, phone conversation, and isolating voices in multiple conversations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / CONDITIONS:
Works in a school environment a majority of the time and is required to work outdoors for a small portion of the day.
EQUIPMENT / TOOLS/ MATERIALS USED:
Personal computer, copier, fax, 10 key calculator.
REQUIRED PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: None
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Assigned to 191 day work calendar; 36 hours and 40 minutes; and 10 extra duty days (Middle and High); compensation and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life) as provided by the Board of Education.
__Be sure to upload your resume, cover letter, transcripts, Missouri Teaching Certificate(s), or a letter verifying your eligibility for certification from an University and 2 letters of recommendation.
__Upon submittal of your application you will receive an e-mail confirming receipt.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Job Title : School Counselor for Alternative Learning Experiences (2020-2021 School Year)
Primary Location : District Wide
Salary Range : $46,966.00 / Per Contract Period
Shift Type : Full-Time