- Job date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 06:48:59 GMT
- Expected salary: $58000 – 60000 per year
- Job title: Senior Online Learning Support Specialist HV-NTP-SOLSS
- Company: Hudson Valley Community College
- Location: Troy, NY
Applications are being accepted for the following vacancy on the Non-Teaching Professional staff of Hudson Valley Community College, Troy, New York.
Senior Online Learning Support Specialist HV-NTP-SOLSS
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. HVCC does not sponsor Visas. Applicants must currently hold an unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree in Educational Technology, Computer Information Technology or related discipline, with minimum of 2 years’ experience (3-4 preferred) working in helpdesk/technical support, educational setting. Demonstrated LMS System Administration experience, Blackboard Learn LMS preferred, with experience configuring LTIs and other integrations. Demonstrated strong organizational, conceptual and diagnostic troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated skills in multimedia and web applications. Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a tightly integrated unit. Excellent customer service, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities, Technical Support:
- Provides daily LMS (Blackboard Learn) technical troubleshooting for faculty, staff and students via the Help Desk role, by phone, email, video conferencing, and in person, to resolve end user technical issues, escalating as necessary.
- Manages the Distance and Online Learning Help Desk services, working with Team Dynamix, including tracking and compiling Help Desk data for unit assessments.
- Reviews LMS (Blackboard Learn) monthly release notes for continuous deployment updates, tests on staging instance for potential user issues, faculty and student workflow changes, and/or new functionality, before updates are applied to production. Documents and communicates findings, informs ITS and contacts LMS support (Blackboard Learn) if problems are found.
- Updates and maintains the Help Desk Page on MS Teams for internal departmental use.
- Collaborates with Instructional Designers and Instructional Content Developers on updates of technical components of online and web-enhanced training materials for faculty workshops, independent training and knowledge base articles on Team Dynamix (ex. WordPress, Team Dynamix, Camtasia, PowerPoint, LMS features, VoiceThread).
- Initiates and conducts level 1 and 2 diagnostic troubleshooting and tracking of LMS (Blackboard Learn) system and integrated software tickets using elevated System Administration access.
- Liaison with Information Technology Services (ITS) on LMS testing and maintenance, Enterprise Operations for SIS integrations, SUNY Online Helpdesk, and Computer Learning Center (CLC) staff for LMS configurations and updates impacting students.
- Participates in relevant SUNY Workplace groups, SUNY monthly webinars, online learning listservs such as LMS Communities, and others.
Duties and Responsibilities, End User Support:
- Maintains current knowledge of the college’s policies and procedures for the LMS (Blackboard Learn) and its users, including ADA compliance and accessibility protocols.
- Works in a collaborative team environment providing support services for online students, faculty and staff, with hands-on demos, explanations of LMS and other tools, and referrals to training resources.
- Updates and maintains LMS (Blackboard Learn) Orientation online course for students, and works with other college departments to improve online access to student services.
- Participate in professional development activities such as workshops and conferences in order to keep current in Help Desk best practices and tools, instructional technologies, and help prepare papers and reports on Hudson Valley Community College distance learning initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SALARY RANGE: $58,000 to $60,000
To apply, please visit www.hvcc.edu/jobs and complete the online application before the close date of April 25, 2021
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Bi-lingual applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Employer