- Job date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 02:34:36 GMT
- Expected salary: $8.5 per hour
- Job title: Sparty’s Kids Camp Counselor Coordinator
- Company: The University of South Carolina
- Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posting Number STU00009PO21
Job Title Student Employee
Internal Title Sparty’s Kids Camp Counselor Coordinator
College/Division USC Upstate College/Division Level
Department UPS Campus Recreation
Advertised Salary $8.50 per hour
Location of Vacancy USC Upstate, Spartanburg, SC
Part/Full Time Part Time
Hours per week 20
20 – 30 hours per week
Camp dates: June 7 – August 6, 2021
Job Search Category Student Employee
Advertised Job Summary
The Counselor Coordinator assists the Camp Director(s) to aid in safety of all Sparty’s Kids Campers, daily operation of the camp, as well as development of camp programs for the Spartanburg community. The Counselor Coordinator is responsible for providing customer service to all Sparty’s Kids Camp parents. The Counselor Coordinator oversees camp management and program development.
1. Assist Camp Director(s) with general camp operation and training counselors.
2. Help with staff scheduling using departmental software. Use contact lists to ensure all shifts are covered and ratios are maintained.
3. Manage check in and check out processes.
4. Oversee Daily Schedule and Lesson Plans on a weekly basis.
5. Teach or assist with summer camp programs and encourage camper participation.
6. Group supervision of campers with the attention to the following: program, health, happiness, discipline, cleanliness, safety, routine duties, character and skill development.
7. Notify Camp Director(s) of needed supplies two weeks in advice.
8. Inspect camp facilities for safety and cleanliness.
9. Exhibit good personal habits in health, dress, speech, and relationships with other staff that will serve as a beneficial model to campers.
10. Work with camp director and other staff to iron out difficulties with facilities, programs and campers.
11. Help develop, carry out and evaluate a camp program that reflects the goals of Sparty’s Kids Camp.
12. Teach and lead various recreational activities and crafts.
13. Effectively communicating with the Camp Director(s) regarding camper safety and facility issues in a timely manner
14. Attending and helping run mandatory meetings, parent orientations, trainings, and staff development workshops
– Ability to work as a team member with other counselors and adult staff members.
– Responsible, friendly, sense of humor, enthusiastic, patient, willing to learn and self-control.
– Demonstrated experience working with children in a group setting.
– Ability to teach and lead various recreational activities.
– Excellent character, integrity and adaptability.
– Ability to communicate and work with a variety of age and skill levels.
– The desire and ability to work in a cooperative, team-oriented atmosphere.
– Current certification in Adult/Child/Infant CPR, AED and First Aid (or willingness to obtain at the offered class upon hire).
– Currently enrolled USC-Upstate student and at least 18 years of age.
– Employment contingent upon successful completion of background
– Loves kids, maintains a positive attitude throughout the day.
– Plans to work with children in the future as a long-term career.
Number of Vacancies 2
Desired Start Date 05/03/2021
Job Open Date 02/16/2021
Job Close Date 05/03/2021
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicant
This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
Quicklink for Posting
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.