- Job date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 06:18:23 GMT
- Expected salary: $20 – 30 per hour
- Job title: Substance Abuse Counselor Part-time
- Company: HANAC, Inc.
- Location: Astoria, Queens, NY
We are seeking a compassionate and dedicated Substance Abuse Counselor to help provide direction and support for our clients. In this role, you will be responsible for developing treatment and recovery plans, and identifying behaviors that impede rehabilitation. You may also be required to facilitate individual and group therapy sessions.
To ensure success, Treatment Counselors should be familiar with the latest treatment methods, and collaborate with other mental health care specialists. Top-notch candidates should have excellent clinical knowledge and demonstrable counseling experience and are able to maintain a caseload of clients receiving treatment for abuse of alcohol and/or drugs.
Rate of Pay: $20 – $30 per hour (depending on experience)
Work Schedule: 20 Per Week_ Part-Time
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain regularly scheduled client sessions concerning their present issues and psycho-social needs
- Case Manager for clients, oversee intake, referrals, and communication with third parties
- Develop and maintain client records including
- Consent forms, criminal justice reporting, psycho-social assessments, treatment plans
- Follow up on medical and psychological/psychiatric appointments
- PAS forms for admission and discharge;
- Discharge planning and discharge summaries
- Meets weekly in case review and clinical supervision to discuss problems encountered in the treatment process
- Attend training seminars regarding updated techniques and theories to obtain continuing education to maintain credentials (LMSW, LCSW, CASAC, LMHC etc.)
- Maintain required case notes on each client, update systems as required by funding source and OASAS compliance
- Follow the outlined rules and regulations
- Facilitate weekly group(s)
- CASAC required. Advanced/Mastered CASAC certification preferred (Responsible to keep certification updated and submitted to Company.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services fields with two years experience in Human Services providing treatment care, and/or three years of satisfactory experience as a Substance Abuse Counselor trainee
- Good standing with NYS OASAS and no outstanding disciplinary actions pending by NYS OASAS. Ability to read, write, maintain appropriate notes related to counseling into Electronic Medical Records System (EMR), and provides clinical treatment, referrals.
- Able to maintain state-required documentation.
- Computer knowledge of word/Excel is essential.
- Bi-lingual a plus in Spanish speaking language preferred
- Regularly scheduled client meetings – one-on-one and group(s)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills*
- Meticulous record-keeping
- Consistent, complete follow up with clients, case review, referral
Powered by JazzHR